Turn on thread page Beta

Leona Lewis Lack Of..... watch

ReputationRep:
    ORIGINALITY!

Now seriously, it's starting to annoy me. Why doesn't she ever sing her own songs. So far she's done mostly covers e.g

Kelly Clarkson - A Moment Like This
    Avril Lavigne - I Will Be
    Snow Patrol - Run
    Bleeding Love - Jessy McCartney
    Written by Akon - Forgive Me

What's next? At first I liked her but now she's lacking orginality.

ReputationRep:
    I never liked her, I find her voice annoying :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Come on, it's not like Kelly Clarkson writes her own songs either. Although, I'd be more than happy for her not to bring out any more songs.

ReputationRep:
    she's talented..produces ok music..but looking at her bores the life out of me..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    she's talented..produces ok music..but looking at her bores the life out of me..!
    This...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    ORIGINALITY!

Now seriously, it's starting to annoy me. Why doesn't she ever sing her own songs. So far she's done mostly covers e.g

Snow Patrol - Run

I think you'll find Jesse McCartney wrote this song. It's not a cover.
    She's only a new artist, so they're trying to establish a sound for her. Some of her songs are ok tbh. She hasn't had a song out in ages so hopefully it means she's in the studio and she'll be producing something more upbeat. :cool: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Erm excuse me, Bleeding Love was written by Ryan Tedder and originally sung by Leona. Jesse McCartney later covered the song. But I agree with the rest of what you said, though you can't really blame it on her. It is more down to those greedy twits at SyCo and Sony BMG.

ReputationRep:
    I like her. She seems nice.

ReputationRep:
    Most pop stars don't write their own songs...

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Rhianna writes hers either?..
    Leona is just hot, so I dont mind! but I only prefer it when she sings ballads..anything else sounds weird..imo

ReputationRep:
    She has a good voice, but what is really annoying is her lack of personality. She's borinnnnnng. Even when she's dancing in the rain on the streets singing "forgive me" I'm just like yawn :yawn:. Booorrrrrriiiiinnnng.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    ORIGINALITY!

Snow Patrol - Run

Do you think Beyonce or Rihanna write their own songs?
    She's a pop singer not a singer songwriter and like most other pop singers, she sings songs that have been written by others.

ReputationRep:
    She's got an amazing voice but she's so dull and monotonous when she speaks rather than sings

ReputationRep:
    I think the OP got confused a little. While it is true that many artists do not write their own songs, they are original for that artist whereas Leona sings covers of previously released songs...excluding Bleeding Love.

ReputationRep:
    You know when Kelly Clarkson sung A Moment Like This it was a cover then too right? El oh el.

Anyway I don't know what you expected exactly. She won the X Factor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Erm excuse me, Bleeding Love was written by Ryan Tedder and originally sung by Leona. Jesse McCartney later covered the song. But I agree with the rest of what you said, though you can't really blame it on her. It is more down to those greedy twits at SyCo and Sony BMG.
    He co-wrote it with Ryan apparently. Shocked, because the guy is a loser.

Anyway, I like Leona. Obviously remember that she just won a talent show, it was her first album, and with people LIKE Ryan Tedder around, what record label would trust her to write her own songs? Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    He co-wrote it with Ryan apparently. Shocked, because the guy is a loser.
    Co-wrote it, my foot.

Yeah, ok, she probably put the full stops in.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, she hasn't written any of her hits.

But vocally, she is one of the best talents this country has produced in a while. And it was only her first album, surely the record company would want to rely on established song writers to launch her as such. There is still time for her to write some of her own stuff, if she is that way inclined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    Co-wrote it, my foot.

:rofl: I was talking about Jesse! I know he looks a little feminine but...

lol :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    Co-wrote it, my foot.

and even then they were in the wrong places so they had to get someone in to redo it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.