Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I made some bread and butter pudding a couple of days ago, and have like 200ml of single cream remaining (as being extra i got 2 tubs :/ ) I don't want it to go off, and need to chuck it away, as that would be a waste. Are there any simple recipes I can use single cream in?? I've looked through recipezaar, and they all are pretty complicated. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Make a milkshake using the cream as part of the milk. easy and de-lish.

ReputationRep:
    potato gratin?
    http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-01t4425.html

ReputationRep:
    Cut bacon into little pieces, fry till crispy, add the cream to the pan, then add some cheese. Stir till thickened, then eat the yummy resulting sauce with pasta :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Set it up with another single cream :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    make HOT CHOCOLATE with it!! tastes soooo goooooooooodd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelsie_lover)
    potato gratin?
    http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-01t4425.html
    that looks good =D
    is it possible to use sweet potato instead of normal potatoes? And just normal cheese (as my local store dont sell gruyere) :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    Cut bacon into little pieces, fry till crispy, add the cream to the pan, then add some cheese. Stir till thickened, then eat the yummy resulting sauce with pasta :coma:
    i cant eat bacon but thanks for the suggestion

(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    make HOT CHOCOLATE with it!! tastes soooo goooooooooodd
    how :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    that looks good =D
    is it possible to use sweet potato instead of normal potatoes? And just normal cheese (as my local store dont sell gruyere) :/
    I wouldn't use the sweet potato in this but cheddar would work I'm pretty sure we've used it fine. Is the recipe pretty much potato daphonoise because its lush and I dont really like potato.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Lol, i can't believe i just laughed at this...:P Nice one lol

ReputationRep:
    Fry bacon, chicken, mushrooms and onion in a pan, add the single cream over the top. Stir in a small teaspoon of mustard, a little worcester sauce, salt, pepper and parasam cheese to make a really nice creamy sauce. Mix it into cooked pasta, you could then put it in a baking dish and sprinkle cheese over the top and bake it in the oven until its all brown and melted on top:coma:. I used to love this when I ate cream and wasnt a vegetarian=[ lol.

Edit: You can leave out the bacon, add peppers, whatever you feel like.

ReputationRep:
    I am in exactly the same predicament actually. I have some in the fridge that needs using by tomorrow. I bought it to pour over my strawberries but they are all gone now.
    I was going to suggest spaghetti carbonara, which is what i was going to do but i noticed you don't like bacon so that's out.
    If you like pasta, you could make a cheese sauce. All you need is cheese, flour, butter and cream and its gorgeous.

ReputationRep:
    Drink it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)

how :O
    just use the cream instead of milk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxrachelmolyneuxx)
    I am in exactly the same predicament actually. I have some in the fridge that needs using by tomorrow. I bought it to pour over my strawberries but they are all gone now.
    I was going to suggest spaghetti carbonara, which is what i was going to do but i noticed you don't like bacon so that's out.
    If you like pasta, you could make a cheese sauce. All you need is cheese, flour, butter and cream and its gorgeous.
    Try some parsley with the cheese sauce. And some shallots.

ReputationRep:
    get some stawberries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    I made some bread and butter pudding a couple of days ago, and have like 200ml of single cream remaining (as being extra i got 2 tubs :/ ) I don't want it to go off, and need to chuck it away, as that would be a waste. Are there any simple recipes I can use single cream in?? I've looked through recipezaar, and they all are pretty complicated. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
    Cats?

... One likes it, the other turns its little pink nose away in disgust.

Some sort of cheese based pasta sauce would be my suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)

pppppffffff hahahahahahahaha....simple, yet hilarious imo

ReputationRep:
    Either have strawberries and cream...or put it on your hot chocolate...mmmmm

ReputationRep:
    I've got a 600ml tub of extra thick double cream that goes off today... No idea what to do with that much cream; used some of it as a side to a pie, mixed some with pasta, but still have around 500ml left... what are you meant to do with that much cream?!?1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.