Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we get our accommodation deposits back?

ReputationRep:
    Um, I seem to remember its about a month after you move out at the end of the year.

You probably won't get 100% back, they count your flat/hall as one, so if someone does something that costs money (like has a fire extinguisher fight (£50 a time you know)) you 'll lose a bit, or if someone breaks a chair or something. I think I got it all back minus about a tenner, but plus interest.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard from ACS it is usually around 6 weeks after move out date. This is because they have to assess the room and then process around £5,000 payments!

ReputationRep:
    ACS have been known to take people's deposits with no justification whatsoever. Someone I know is STILL being chased up for when he was in halls. They took the £100 deposits of him and his 4 flatmates, and demanded another £100 off each of them for 'Damage to Crockery / Cutlery, which were included in Victoria Hall. Exactly what kind of cutlery costs £1000!?!

So in other words, getting it late is a relatively positive outcome.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that they have to return it before second year though, so it should be some time before September.
    Most of the blocks that were vacated were replaced with international students or conferences a few days after so the assessments will have happened a while back now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a bit of an issue with this that's really annoying me.

I'm a really tidy person. I caused no damage whatsoever to my room, and i'm pretty sure everyone in my block was considerate enough not to cause any damage to the rest of the block. My flatmates were all sound and caused no damage to the flat we were in (maybe very very minor things).

One of my flatmates got £130 back out of £150.... which is fair enough i guess.

I got £26 back? ******* disgraceful.

The window in my room suffered from really bad damp/dry rot/whatever the **** it was. Do you think they're charging me for that, even though i could have in no way prevented it? and definitely did nothing to cause it? Plus it was already there when i moved in!

There were scuffs in the carpet/a few scratches on the cupboard. All there when i moved in, and i even made a note of them when i moved in.

I left the room in exactly the same condition i found it. I've email for a breakdown of charges made. but i'm just a little bit furious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RocketTown)
    I'm having a bit of an issue with this that's really annoying me.

I'm a really tidy person. I caused no damage whatsoever to my room, and i'm pretty sure everyone in my block was considerate enough not to cause any damage to the rest of the block. My flatmates were all sound and caused no damage to the flat we were in (maybe very very minor things).

One of my flatmates got £130 back out of £150.... which is fair enough i guess.

I got £26 back? ******* disgraceful.

The window in my room suffered from really bad damp/dry rot/whatever the **** it was. Do you think they're charging me for that, even though i could have in no way prevented it? and definitely did nothing to cause it? Plus it was already there when i moved in!

There were scuffs in the carpet/a few scratches on the cupboard. All there when i moved in, and i even made a note of them when i moved in.

I left the room in exactly the same condition i found it. I've email for a breakdown of charges made. but i'm just a little bit furious.

ACS do charge rediculously high for all little things like that. They charge over £1000 for the three seater sofa apparently. Harsh.

When did you get your deposit back my mum is still waiting on mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    ACS do charge rediculously high for all little things like that. They charge over £1000 for the three seater sofa apparently. Harsh.

When did you get your deposit back my mum is still waiting on mine!

I got an email about it on monday, telling me my mum's account has been deposited £26.

I emailed them back immediately to tell me why they've taken the money, but i'm still waiting for a reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RocketTown)
    I got an email about it on monday, telling me my mum's account has been deposited £26.

I emailed them back immediately to tell me why they've taken the money, but i'm still waiting for a reply.
    That is suprising! Where were you staying?
    I was in Howden and I still have had no news regarding it and my mum definately hasn't got the money yet!

ReputationRep:
    Ditto, still waiting for it and I was in Froggatt.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you hassle them about it, ACS are frankly a bunch of crooks who would charge you for lightbulbs if they thought they could get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    got mine back today, apparently no-one in opal one got charged for anything :eek: (found this out after having harassed ACS for a couple of weeks about returning my deposit :p:)

ReputationRep:
    i still havent heard anything about getting my deposit back, doe anyone know the number for acs because i cant find it on the website

ReputationRep:

Unless they've changed it since. I had to ask at The Edge. You'll probably have to leave a message and wait for them to call back.

I haven't heard about my deposit either...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.