Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i dont look foward to driving lessons Watch

ReputationRep:
    Most people say " oh I can’t wait for my driving lessons" etc they love it.

However, I don’t look forward to driving lessons. I would love to drive I just don’t like lessons. Probably just impatient/lazy.

does anyone else feel similar to me

ReputationRep:
    Is there a problem with your instructor? You can always switch.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same OP. I learnt for a very long time as a teenager, before reaching test standard, failing a test and giving up to start university.
    Years later, I'm now in the process of learning again; but I've now had eight lessons and dread each one for days before it happens. There's nothing wrong with them, and my instructor's great, but it's the knowledge that I feel I'm good enough to drive now, and though I WANT more practice before I take a test, I hate having it.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be the same as you. I had a decent instructor but he was very formal and made me feel really uncomfortable. I used to dread lessons and I'd make excuses to get out of them. I knew it wasn't normal because everyone I knew enjoyed lessons so I spoke to my best friends dad who strongly advised me to change instructors because I should be enjoying them. So thats what I did and it was the best decision. I'm so glad I listened. My new instructor is really good and I can have a laugh with him and I dont dread lessons anymore. If you dont enjoy lessons, you're never going to pass because you havent got the right mindset for driving, so I would advise you to change instructors.

ReputationRep:
    but i dont mind my instructor, its not like hes evil or something.
    but i kinda understand what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you are learning for the wrong reasons then. Normally if you are dreading something, or not wanting to do something generally you stop doing it. Maybe you should take a couple of weeks off from nyour lessons and think about if you really want to learn or not.

ReputationRep:
    I was the same as you, never looked forward to lessons. For the simple fact I had bad driving habbits from early teens, instructor used to go skits. I learnt and so did he, finally I enjoyed driving, likewise he enjoyed rolling in the passenger seat with me.

Be patient turst me you'll enjoy it, if your instructor is crap - change!

ReputationRep:
    People like driving lessons?? I thought hating them was the norm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    People like driving lessons?? I thought hating them was the norm...
    Probably not at first, but if your paying £22 for an hour of hate. Then I advise you quit driving. My first few lessons were gay, Andy was a bit over protective over something, I guess it was his car. Or the camera he stocked in his glovebox! Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I hate hate hate mine ... it's just so awful being so terrible at something, and so painfully embarrassing when you stall/mount the pavement.turn the wrong way ... how does everyone not just want to die!!

ReputationRep:
    i think it is also the fact that i hate being rubbish at something and not learning quickly, so im not great at clutch control, its my sixth lesson so i am getting annoyed. as i mention in 1st post mabye its just cause im impatient.
    I hate stupid clutch control

i kinda agree to above post, but not so dramatically, i also hate being the learner car holding everyone up.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the build up to the driving lesson day.

I like my instructor and all.. but i feel as if i'm useless though i am improving now.

And he thinks i have ADHD when i dont!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emperor_o)

However, I don’t look forward to driving lessons. I would love to drive I just don’t like lessons. Probably just impatient/lazy.

What is it exactly that you don't like? And how long have you been learning for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    Probably not at first, but if your paying £22 for an hour of hate. Then I advise you quit driving. My first few lessons were gay, Andy was a bit over protective over something, I guess it was his car. Or the camera he stocked in his glovebox! Lol.
    I did quit driving.

I'd have thought that people don't pay for driving lessons because they enjoy them though - they pay because it's what they have to do if they want to be able to drive.

ReputationRep:
    well i passed my driving test yesterday, 1st time, and i didnt look forward to the lessons either. i thought it was pretty normal, some of my friends enjoy them, some dont

ReputationRep:

i enjoyed them at first but after a while they get boring and you just want to drive yourself. thankfully i only had a few boring lessons before i passed my test :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BraceLets.NeckLaces.:))
    well i passed my driving test yesterday, 1st time, and i didnt look forward to the lessons either. i thought it was pretty normal, some of my friends enjoy them, some dont
    well done

ReputationRep:
    i think it is also the fact that i hate being rubbish at something and not learning quickly, so im not great at clutch control, its my sixth lesson so i am getting annoyed. as i mention in 1st post mabye its just cause im impatient.
    I hate stupid clutch control

i kinda agree to above post, but not so dramatically, i also hate being the learner car holding everyone up.
    I'm the same but trust me, the clutch control gets better over time. I used to stall all the time at traffic lights but now i just stick the gas on a bit before off the clutch and then im away no probs

ReputationRep:
    My driving instructor was in the army and used to shout at me for my 2 hour lessons..other than that, he was ok!...driving doesn't come naturally to me..i switched instructors and went through about 80+ lessons..i passed this morning with only 3 minors and believe me it was all worth it in the end...hang in there..remember once you have a license, its yours for life.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I did quit driving.

I'd have thought that people don't pay for driving lessons because they enjoy them though - they pay because it's what they have to do if they want to be able to drive.
    If you enjoy such a task thats going to benefit you, enjoying it makes it easier. I would not pay to drive some numptys car, but I did to gain skills to prepare me for test day. Whilst taking lessons I made sure I enjoyed them. Just makes life a hell of a lot easier. I'd hate to see me try to perform with contempt:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.