Turn on thread page Beta

i dont look foward to driving lessons watch

ReputationRep:
    Most people say " oh I can’t wait for my driving lessons" etc they love it.

However, I don’t look forward to driving lessons. I would love to drive I just don’t like lessons. Probably just impatient/lazy.

does anyone else feel similar to me

ReputationRep:
    Is there a problem with your instructor? You can always switch.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same OP. I learnt for a very long time as a teenager, before reaching test standard, failing a test and giving up to start university.
    Years later, I'm now in the process of learning again; but I've now had eight lessons and dread each one for days before it happens. There's nothing wrong with them, and my instructor's great, but it's the knowledge that I feel I'm good enough to drive now, and though I WANT more practice before I take a test, I hate having it.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be the same as you. I had a decent instructor but he was very formal and made me feel really uncomfortable. I used to dread lessons and I'd make excuses to get out of them. I knew it wasn't normal because everyone I knew enjoyed lessons so I spoke to my best friends dad who strongly advised me to change instructors because I should be enjoying them. So thats what I did and it was the best decision. I'm so glad I listened. My new instructor is really good and I can have a laugh with him and I dont dread lessons anymore. If you dont enjoy lessons, you're never going to pass because you havent got the right mindset for driving, so I would advise you to change instructors.

ReputationRep:
    but i dont mind my instructor, its not like hes evil or something.
    but i kinda understand what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you are learning for the wrong reasons then. Normally if you are dreading something, or not wanting to do something generally you stop doing it. Maybe you should take a couple of weeks off from nyour lessons and think about if you really want to learn or not.

ReputationRep:
    I was the same as you, never looked forward to lessons. For the simple fact I had bad driving habbits from early teens, instructor used to go skits. I learnt and so did he, finally I enjoyed driving, likewise he enjoyed rolling in the passenger seat with me.

Be patient turst me you'll enjoy it, if your instructor is crap - change!

ReputationRep:
    People like driving lessons?? I thought hating them was the norm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    People like driving lessons?? I thought hating them was the norm...
    Probably not at first, but if your paying £22 for an hour of hate. Then I advise you quit driving. My first few lessons were gay, Andy was a bit over protective over something, I guess it was his car. Or the camera he stocked in his glovebox! Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I hate hate hate mine ... it's just so awful being so terrible at something, and so painfully embarrassing when you stall/mount the pavement.turn the wrong way ... how does everyone not just want to die!!

ReputationRep:
    i think it is also the fact that i hate being rubbish at something and not learning quickly, so im not great at clutch control, its my sixth lesson so i am getting annoyed. as i mention in 1st post mabye its just cause im impatient.
    I hate stupid clutch control

i kinda agree to above post, but not so dramatically, i also hate being the learner car holding everyone up.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the build up to the driving lesson day.

I like my instructor and all.. but i feel as if i'm useless though i am improving now.

And he thinks i have ADHD when i dont!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emperor_o)

However, I don’t look forward to driving lessons. I would love to drive I just don’t like lessons. Probably just impatient/lazy.

What is it exactly that you don't like? And how long have you been learning for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    Probably not at first, but if your paying £22 for an hour of hate. Then I advise you quit driving. My first few lessons were gay, Andy was a bit over protective over something, I guess it was his car. Or the camera he stocked in his glovebox! Lol.
    I did quit driving.

I'd have thought that people don't pay for driving lessons because they enjoy them though - they pay because it's what they have to do if they want to be able to drive.

ReputationRep:
    well i passed my driving test yesterday, 1st time, and i didnt look forward to the lessons either. i thought it was pretty normal, some of my friends enjoy them, some dont

ReputationRep:

i enjoyed them at first but after a while they get boring and you just want to drive yourself. thankfully i only had a few boring lessons before i passed my test :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BraceLets.NeckLaces.:))
    well i passed my driving test yesterday, 1st time, and i didnt look forward to the lessons either. i thought it was pretty normal, some of my friends enjoy them, some dont
    well done

ReputationRep:
    i think it is also the fact that i hate being rubbish at something and not learning quickly, so im not great at clutch control, its my sixth lesson so i am getting annoyed. as i mention in 1st post mabye its just cause im impatient.
    I hate stupid clutch control

i kinda agree to above post, but not so dramatically, i also hate being the learner car holding everyone up.
    I'm the same but trust me, the clutch control gets better over time. I used to stall all the time at traffic lights but now i just stick the gas on a bit before off the clutch and then im away no probs

ReputationRep:
    My driving instructor was in the army and used to shout at me for my 2 hour lessons..other than that, he was ok!...driving doesn't come naturally to me..i switched instructors and went through about 80+ lessons..i passed this morning with only 3 minors and believe me it was all worth it in the end...hang in there..remember once you have a license, its yours for life.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I did quit driving.

I'd have thought that people don't pay for driving lessons because they enjoy them though - they pay because it's what they have to do if they want to be able to drive.
    If you enjoy such a task thats going to benefit you, enjoying it makes it easier. I would not pay to drive some numptys car, but I did to gain skills to prepare me for test day. Whilst taking lessons I made sure I enjoyed them. Just makes life a hell of a lot easier. I'd hate to see me try to perform with contempt:rolleyes:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.