Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i dont look foward to driving lessons Watch

ReputationRep:
    I always used to dread my driving lessons too!. I failed my practical test twice, and thought enough is enough. Didnt bother having anymore lessons. In fact it woke me up to the fact that I hate driving with a passion!!. I"d much rather use the bus.

ReputationRep:
    I felt exactly like you. By the time I put in for my test I was sooo bored and hated every minute of my driving lesson. My friend who passed before me used to say she hated her lessons and I couldn't understand why then but now I fully understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I always used to dread my driving lessons too!. I failed my practical test twice, and thought enough is enough. Didnt bother having anymore lessons. In fact it woke me up to the fact that I hate driving with a passion!!. I"d much rather use the bus.
    Aww bless. Give it a rest, come back twice as strong! My ex also hated driving along with a few mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    Aww bless. Give it a rest, come back twice as strong! My ex also hated driving along with a few mates.
    I"ve already had a 4 year break from it :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emperor_o)
    Most people say " oh I can’t wait for my driving lessons" etc they love it.

However, I don’t look forward to driving lessons. I would love to drive I just don’t like lessons. Probably just impatient/lazy.

does anyone else feel similar to me
    Learn to like them. I hated mine .I failed my test a few times and just never tried again because my theory expired!

I hated lessons but liked driving if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    People like driving lessons?? I thought hating them was the norm...
    To be honest, I neither liked nor disliked learning to drive - pssibly because I wasn't learning long enough to form a strong opnion...to me it was just a course I had to take and pass.

ReputationRep:
    i dont really like my lessons either, because ive had loads of lessons and even though im better at driving, im still not ready for the practical and i find my instructor to be impatient especially when im panic mode i like driving but after a bad lesson all my motivation just goes

dont give up if u want to drive, it'll be worth it in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BraceLets.NeckLaces.:))
    well i passed my driving test yesterday, 1st time, and i didnt look forward to the lessons either. i thought it was pretty normal, some of my friends enjoy them, some dont

Can I ask.. how many 1hr lessons did it take in total?

ReputationRep:
    I"ve already had a 4 year break from it :p: .
    Eeek. Think about the excursion you and your girlies can have I guess passion for cars also helps, well it helped me.

ReputationRep:
    it happens to everyone at some point

you will never LOVE every single lesson you have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeelAhmad)
    Eeek. Think about the excursion you and your girlies can have I guess passion for cars also helps, well it helped me.
    I"ll leave the driving to my husband, hes been doing it long enough. I"m not too fussed about it, having days out driving myself here there and everywhere, coaches are cheaper than diesel or petrol anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I"ll leave the driving to my husband, hes been doing it long enough. I"m not too fussed about it, having days out driving myself here there and everywhere, coaches are cheaper than diesel or petrol anyway.
    You've got it all planned out strategically, which I like!

I agree, price on fuel is silly. I mean i'm paying silly money for V power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    People like driving lessons?? I thought hating them was the norm...
    This.

I get a few people asking me did I enjoy driving lessons. To be honest not one bit, but if anything I enjoy driving now:p:

ReputationRep:
    Most people say " oh I can’t wait for my driving lessons" etc they love it.

However, I don’t look forward to driving lessons. I would love to drive I just don’t like lessons. Probably just impatient/lazy.

does anyone else feel similar to me
    I used to love them when I first started driving, but when you're at test standard and you have someone picking fault with your driving (i.e not enough mirror checks etc) it can become irritating as you just wanna get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    I used to love them when I first started driving, but when you're at test standard and you have someone picking fault with your driving (i.e not enough mirror checks etc) it can become irritating as you just wanna get on with it.
    This is my problem. I know that if I were out driving properly, I'd be a safe driver; yet if I make one mistake in a lesson my instructor makes me VERY aware of it, and it feels like I'll never be ready to take my test.

ReputationRep:
    i think it is also the fact that i hate being rubbish at something and not learning quickly, so im not great at clutch control, its my sixth lesson so i am getting annoyed. as i mention in 1st post mabye its just cause im impatient.
    I hate stupid clutch control

i kinda agree to above post, but not so dramatically, i also hate being the learner car holding everyone up.
    I had problems early on with clutch aswell, so this in turn made me feel similiar to you. I didnt enjoy my lessons as much, and saw it as a "chore" rather than enjoyment. And my instructor wasnt great either. So after my failed test, I took a break and start learning with a better instructor, and thats reinvigorated my passion for driving. I look forward to lessons now.

Just try not to think about the lessons too much, you'll get there in the end and also just try to see the positives of driving and enjoyment, hopefully that helps.

ReputationRep:
    i hate driving lessons, i dread them and am always cancelling them! i've only had 9 lessons, but i just get no enjoyment out of driving. but my mum says i have to learn as i live in the middle of nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    good to knowim not the only one :P, i think once you can drive a bit more smoothly probably its get better, as more likely to be less nervous.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed driving upto my 10th lesson or so but just wanted to pass my test after that. I my instructor was awesome, soooooo good at teaching and a laugh to be around, was a ex para-trooper and all he did was tell stories about being in Iraq and Afganhistan, ledge but i just got to the point of passing my test. Came to my 25th lesson and i booked my test and passed first time.

I feel so happy being in the position i'm in. Have a full license with a few months before university, it's all out the way and still 17....i dont think i could afford driving lessons and uni but my mum and dad paid alot for driving. paid my theory and driving tests first time and i passed both first time so helped. Get it out the way as early as you can in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    I hate hate hate mine ... it's just so awful being so terrible at something, and so painfully embarrassing when you stall/mount the pavement.turn the wrong way ... how does everyone not just want to die!!
    By not being terrible at it and stalling and mounting the pavements and turning the wrong way..? :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.