Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I've been following the world's equity markets for quite a while now, and I'm now looking to focus more on UK equity markets, specifically shares, commodities and bonds.

My current online broker do not offer access to UK markets, which makes me dependent on finding a net broker that actually does so! :confused:

Also, finding a broker with low fees, wide investment options and professional analysts would be absolutely fantastic, though I don't think I can expect all my desires to be fulfilled.

My question, however, is: WHAT ARE THE BEST ONLINE BROKERS? :woo:

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have the same q.

I'm looking at going to etrade, although barclays takes my eye too. I just want an easy to navigate interface

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I have the same q.

I'm looking at going to etrade, although barclays takes my eye too. I just want an easy to navigate interface

Yes, I see what you mean with easy interface:yes: , which I too regard as important.

But do you know what the percentage charges are for Barclays and ETrade?:confused:

What stocks markets can you trade there, and do they offer access to commodities as well?:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stock-Addict)
    Hi.

I've been following the world's equity markets for quite a while now, and I'm now looking to focus more on UK equity markets, specifically shares, commodities and bonds.

My current online broker do not offer access to UK markets, which makes me dependent on finding a net broker that actually does so! :confused:

Also, finding a broker with low fees, wide investment options and professional analysts would be absolutely fantastic, though I don't think I can expect all my desires to be fulfilled.

My question, however, is: WHAT ARE THE BEST ONLINE BROKERS? :woo:

thanks
    IMO, selftrade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motoroller)
    IMO, selftrade.
    Okay, thanks for the feedback, motoroller.

But can you buy commodities through Selftrade? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The best are those that have immediate execution.

ReputationRep:
    Go to www.trade2win.com. They have an exhaustive review of the best brokers on the net.
    Alternatively, go on the London Stock Exchange website. They a list have pretty much every broker operating in the country. You can also specify a preference for the broker type i.e. execution only, discretionary etc.
    Personally, I use IG Markets (IG Markets for CFDs, IG Index for spread-betting) and have done so for 2 years now. Great reliability of their online trading platform 'Pure Deal'. You can set up a paper account and practice trading strategies with a fake £100,000. Also, you have the option to set up a Direct Market Access platform to supplement Pure Deal. DMA is great if you want to judge market sentiment before you trade but it takes time to get used to for a novice.
    IG have a large list of charting and TA tools (although not as large as CMC markets). You can trade a huge list of markets. I still think CMC Markets have a better trading platform (called Marketmaker) than IG Markets. But their customer service sucks and there have been times when CMC have taken too long to confirm a trade. Also, they make you wait ages if you need to contact them on the phone, unlike IG Markets.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.