Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ----------------

ReputationRep:
    bumping fail -- theres nothing in the thread!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZJzecnI_Do&feature=fvw

ReputationRep:
    my bad -- lol
    but why dentistry?

ReputationRep:
    Don't risk taking it out. They sometimes do ask your referee to check the reference. It might be worth just talking to your tutor and explaining that you are capable of getting a 2.1.

But either way yes do apply. Your best chances are probably Peninsula because their offer this year was of obtaining a 2.2 so they would definitely look at your application.

ReputationRep:
    To transfer to dentisty you need a top degree i.e first class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.sarwar7)
    To transfer to dentisty you need a top degree i.e first class
    1. Who said anything about a transfer?
    2. If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that you need a 2.1 minimum for most of the dental schools, apart from Peninsula, which require a 2.2 at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't change a referee's statement at all. You have another year to go? - How many credits do you have left in year 3 - can you get on course for a maximum amount for a 2:1 or a first class? I have a 1st class BSc(hons) in a medical related degree and a Distinction in my MSc, and it was no walk in the park getting in for a BDS course - places are limited for graduates and there are many high calibre grads applying the better you do now the better your chances of getting in.

rich

ReputationRep:
    Samantha,

I know someone who was in exactly the same position. He came out of second year with a 2.2 and ended up this year with a good 2.1 and is now applying for dentistry.

If it's possible, work really hard next year, take a year out after your degree and apply then once you know your grades. That way you won't have to worry about predictions.

Where do you go to uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.