Turn on thread page Beta

Guys and Gals: Opinions on Doc Martens for the ladies? PICS watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them personally, but to each their own! What does it matter to me what other girls I've never met wear? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I like

ReputationRep:
    They looked like tramps, to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I wear them,
    And you know what, I don't care what people think of me.
    good for you

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm going to be in the minority here apparently, but I think they're absolutely disgusting.

Wear what you want though, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

ReputationRep:
    No. :yucky:

There are much nicer boots out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_am_TERRIfic)
    I was just wondering what the general consensus on Doc martens was? I know they are associated with certain stereotypes but I think if worn fashionably they can look quite cool. :yes:

E.g:

And you can look through loads more on this link:
    http://lookbook.nu/search?q=martens#more

Any opinions?
    Particular what guys think of girls who wear them?
    Actually thought that was my sister in the middle photo!! Spooky.

I think the coloured ones look good, but the black ones just seem.. a bit like a manual labourers shoes, those burgundy/red ones look really nice, but not a fan of the black ones!

ReputationRep:
    I really like them,
    but I don't think I could pull them off.

ReputationRep:
    Made you feel nauseous? Haha ok. And I have been looking at getting ex-army boots...
    Any examples of how you think they do look good?
    I have four pairs of docs - 2 eight eyes in white and black with yellow roses, a patent high-heeled pair, and the 1914 combat boot. I'm after knee-high ones. They're fantastic - I love them.

Ex-military boots are great too. I got grade 1 which means worn, and a little scuffed, and they look great with short little dresses and fishnet tights. They look great with almost anything. If you're looking for a good-value site try http://www.milisupply.com .

ReputationRep:
    DMs make you look like a white supremacist., unless thats the image you are going for there are better things to put on your feet.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, no. I already have them and wear them. And even if everyone came on slating them I would still wear them.

Just curious as to what people thought.
    Oh, ok. In that case I think they're sexy.

ReputationRep:
    Never really been keen on them....however the girls in those pictures wear them nicely..

ReputationRep:
    absolutely disgusting

ReputationRep:
    I love DMs
    My first pair I got in a charity shop for £2! They looked new as well.
    I have a shiny black pair I wear a lot. They're so comfy and I like to wear them when it's icy because they don't slip anywhere near as much as my other shoes/trainers. I wear them with most things, but usually black tights and a skirt.
    Wearing them makes me want to kick everything though.
    I want a red pair like in the original post
    I really don't think they suit the girl in the 3rd picture though. They don't look like they belong together!

ReputationRep:
    Well they have a place. And that place is the bin.

ReputationRep:
    i already have 1 pair (8 eye black floral)and i'm waiting for pay-day (and my student loan to come through...) to get my next 2 - baby pink patent 8 eyes and black patent 14 eyes :love:

ReputationRep:
    they're ok. i find them a bit overdone though especially since people seem to wear them with the same things (floral dresses/skirts, boxy blazers, beat up denim shorts, etc).

as for a male opinion, i tried some on in a shop with my ex boyfriend and before i even picked them up he said, 'ewwww really?' but then again he's one of those types who thinks girls should look girly.

ReputationRep:
    Doc Martens are hot. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    nah, i don't like them at all :dontknow: i think they're kind of ugly..

ReputationRep:
    I love them! =D
    Not necessarily how they're worn in the examples given though =/
    I've had a purple pair since I was about 14 but I've never broken them in properly so don't wear them that often. They really hurt and I don't know whether I need to persevere with them or whether they're just too big haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.