Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the best time to go, to get AS results? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind, I'm not quite sure what time my college is releasing them...but is it better to go later or before the set time, in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    On the set time or up to 25 later.

Why arrive earlier than the set time, it'll just pee off your school and make you look strangely desperate (or is that just me, who worries about looking too eager?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    On the set time or up to 25 later.

Why arrive earlier than the set time, it'll just pee off your school and make you look strangely desperate (or is that just me, who worries about looking too eager?).

Well, uh, no. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, but early as in, get there when they hand it out. Or later, as in, after most people will already of had theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Well last year I went to college mine 15 minutes before the time we were stated to come in, thinking id be the only desperate one there and the que was already huuuuuuge.

So I'd suggest go half an hour after than the beginning time

ReputationRep:
    10:30 am

EDIT: wait confusion there. id go early myself coz i just want to know and you can be relieved before everyone else. but then if you got later youd avoid the queues.

ReputationRep:
    I would just go at the set time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)
    Well, uh, no. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, but early as in, get there when they hand it out. Or later, as in, after most people will already of had theirs.
    You said you didn't know at what time they will be releasing results. :confused:

I'm going to go when everybody else is getting their results, just I don't want to be the first person there! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    You said you didn't know at what time they will be releasing results. :confused:

I'm going to go when everybody else is getting their results, just I don't want to be the first person there! :p:
    me neither. if you're first then people will be watching you open them probably anyway

its best with loads of other students there for distraction, unless you want everyone to know

ReputationRep:
    I like to turn up a bit later and by that I mean like 10-15 minutes after the set time when it has all died down a bit. I did that for AS and it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    depends how eager you are to get them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go at 11:30, my sixth form starts giving out our envelopes at 10:30.

ReputationRep:
    When I had my AS level results - the college indicated 11-2 - I thought, oh I'll get there at 12, then it isn't going to be as busy and it'l be quicker to get them. Oh, how wrong I was! By the time it was 12, the queue for results spanned round the whole college, I had to queue for about 2 hours - and there is nothing that makes waiting for your results more nerve wracking than waiting in a queue for 2 hours with nothing else to think about!

This year for my A levels I might even try and get there slightly early - however desperate it makes me look!

Ofcourse, this should only apply to colleges as opposed to sixth forms within schools.

ReputationRep:
    asap

ReputationRep:
    if you get there later when most people have opened their own results people will be more likely to ask you what you got as you are opening them. this is less likely if you go early, as people who havent got theirs yet arent going to hang around to hear about other peoples results.

ReputationRep:
    My school wants us there at 1.30pm! WTF!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    dunno- aiming for 5am and getting a tent/sleeping bag from Argos specially for this "momentus" occassion....pah

ReputationRep:
    I get mine around 07:00 by post

ReputationRep:
    If you go at one hour and seven minutes later than the advertised time they start handing out results, it's been proven you're more likely to do better in your A Levels. People who turn up any later or earlier than that often do worse.

ReputationRep:
    Ill go for the set time if I can get a lift in
    otherwise itll be like last year where im there 20mins early because of the busses

they opend up and let me have my results

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what time my college is giving out results either, or whether we can just turn up at any time during what would be a normal day; I'll have to phone them and find out. But I think the queues will be massive for ages anyway, judging by what it was like for our January module results!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.