Need halls at university urgently on a waiting list any suggestions? :( Watch

soni89
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Im at uni done foundation ict and lived in halls last year, but i have to be on a waiting list as this will be my second year at uni need the halls urgently and the waiting list may mean i can be waiting up untill january! And i have no other place to stay as i live to far to commute..thinking of what to say to the accomadation office so i can get the halls or even get up the waiting list lol...any suggestions? thanks xx
Dynamitri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by soni89)
Im at uni done foundation ict and lived in halls last year, but i have to be on a waiting list as this will be my second year at uni need the halls urgently and the waiting list may mean i can be waiting up untill january! And i have no other place to stay as i live to far to commute..thinking of what to say to the accomadation office so i can get the halls or even get up the waiting list lol...any suggestions? thanks xx
can't do much I'm afraid, you'd be much better off looking for some mates to get into private accommodation remotely close to uni, than thinking about cheating your way up the waiting lists. IMO. :yep:
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Generally, Second years don't qualify for halls.

Could you not try to rent privately? Gumtree etc...

First years are the one's guaranteed places in halls. You may never get one.
bishbashbosh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.spareroom.co.uk/
soni89
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
thanks, all of my friends have got their houses now and theres no room ... the reason why i want halls is because it is far safer as there is security all the time on campus which i need after something i went throught last year, which is why i can not see my self living off campus by myself...
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
try and find a private rent, alternatively tell the accomodation office why you want to be in halls. TBH unless you are in immediate danger living off campus then i doubt they will see it any different to other 2nd years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.83%
No (516)
72.17%

Watched Threads