Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In the past couple of months, I've improved what I eat and started to exercise more than I used to just to improve overall fitness. I found that I've gradually lost 3kg (6.6 pounds) but I don't see a difference in waist / hip size and noticed my arms are looking more toned up. (I'm presuming, as I didn't do any tape measurements beforehand). I know you can't spot reduce and all but I'm just wondering will there be a point where my stomach/hips lose anything (that's the areas I wanted to tone up) or will I just progressively lose fat in my limbs and end up looking like a potato with four toothpicks or something? lol Because if that's the case, I'd rather just maintain my current weight and not try to lose a couple more pounds. I know people can't exactly tell me where I'll be losing fat next but I just wanted to know about some of your experiences with similar-ish weight loss.

Stats: 125 pounds, 5'4, 34-29-38.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah obviously there will be a point when you start losing fat from your abdomen. Its pretty unheard of to end up with skeletal limbs and a tummy and hips!
    Well done on the weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there will be, but it does take a bit longer. Well done, your measurements sound great though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Yeah obviously there will be a point when you start losing fat from your abdomen. Its pretty unheard of to end up with skeletal limbs and a tummy and hips!
    Well done on the weight loss.
    thanks. and grr, my melodramatic tendancies :rolleyes: .. i just expected to lose something first on the hips / waist area as arms were never a real concern of mine. now that u've mentioned how unlikely the whole potato-toothpick scenario is, I feel kinda stupid. lol :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.