Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the past couple of months, I've improved what I eat and started to exercise more than I used to just to improve overall fitness. I found that I've gradually lost 3kg (6.6 pounds) but I don't see a difference in waist / hip size and noticed my arms are looking more toned up. (I'm presuming, as I didn't do any tape measurements beforehand). I know you can't spot reduce and all but I'm just wondering will there be a point where my stomach/hips lose anything (that's the areas I wanted to tone up) or will I just progressively lose fat in my limbs and end up looking like a potato with four toothpicks or something? lol Because if that's the case, I'd rather just maintain my current weight and not try to lose a couple more pounds. I know people can't exactly tell me where I'll be losing fat next but I just wanted to know about some of your experiences with similar-ish weight loss.

Stats: 125 pounds, 5'4, 34-29-38.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah obviously there will be a point when you start losing fat from your abdomen. Its pretty unheard of to end up with skeletal limbs and a tummy and hips!
    Well done on the weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there will be, but it does take a bit longer. Well done, your measurements sound great though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Yeah obviously there will be a point when you start losing fat from your abdomen. Its pretty unheard of to end up with skeletal limbs and a tummy and hips!
    Well done on the weight loss.
    thanks. and grr, my melodramatic tendancies :rolleyes: .. i just expected to lose something first on the hips / waist area as arms were never a real concern of mine. now that u've mentioned how unlikely the whole potato-toothpick scenario is, I feel kinda stupid. lol :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.