Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

:coma:

Don't you just love pork pies? I'm eating two pork pies right now. Which do you prefer? The grey type, or the pink type? I'm probably weird in that my favourite part of the pork pie is the jelly. The pastry's good too. But I hate pork pies with eggs embedded. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    The little mini ones that have different flavours are my fave I have toagree with you that the jelly is the best bit but i do disagree in that pork pies with eggs embedded are pretty yummy, I find only one problem with pork pies- they make me feel fat when i have had some of a big one or a little one, so i don't have any very often...

ReputationRep:
    the pastry is by far the best bit.

ReputationRep:
    I do enjoy a pork pie now and then. Haven't had one in a while though, they aren't the healthiest pork product and pastry based snack.

ReputationRep:
    I also think the jelly is the best part.

Pork pies are amazing, I eat loads of them.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the mini ones, although I do like the big ones. The pastry must be crisp, none of this soggy crust that some of them seem to have. MMMMmmm thats made me one now, lol.

ReputationRep:
    jelly is definitely the best bit. I could eat the stuff all day long.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the pink ones. Grey just screams food poisoning at me. But I do love pork pies. I mean really, REALLY love them. With the melty crust. Scoop the jelly out, add some mustard, eat it slice by slice. Feel it go all crumbly and tasty and tangy and...OMG I want a pork pie :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy who has a fear of the jelly in pork pies and once ran away screaming as he was chased down the road with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Don't you just love pork pies? I'm eating two pork pies right now. Which do you prefer? The grey type, or the pink type? I'm probably weird in that my favourite part of the pork pie is the jelly. The pastry's good too. But I hate pork pies with eggs embedded.
    Pork Pie is always a winner, but it has to be a Pork Farms pie.

It's a Nottingham thing.

ReputationRep:
    I love the grey type as I always eat Melton pork pies which tastes brilliant!

(Original post by necessarily benevolent)

Don't you just love pork pies? I'm eating two pork pies right now. Which do you prefer? The grey type, or the pink type? I'm probably weird in that my favourite part of the pork pie is the jelly. The pastry's good too. But I hate pork pies with eggs embedded.
    I happen to agree with everything you've said there.

Which kind I prefer depends on what I feel like, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    :coma: Pork pies are gooooooood. But I hate fat (ie bacon rind, fat on lamb/pork etc) so I pick all that out then pop the porky bit inside the pastry again then devour it :evil:

ReputationRep:
    Pork pies with branston pickle or brown sauce are good too. Mmmmmmmm. Salivating now.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be branston pickle all the way I know what you mean about the fatty bit which is why i prefer the little ones as they have less

ReputationRep:
    Oh god now I want a pork pie.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.