Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are the BBC so desparate to make a race issue out of nothing? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    If you think the BBC, one of the most spineless organizations that almost always refuses to take a stand, has a left wing bias, you have mental issues.

Ta-dah!!

From a 10 second glance,
    "The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias",

Andrew Marr

the Daily Mail, Oct 21st, 2006.

(Original post by PGtips92)

Ta-dah!!

From a 10 second glance,
    "The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias",

Andrew Marr

the Daily Mail, Oct 21st, 2006.
    Firstly, quoting somebody from the Daily Mail? Really?

Secondly, a cultural liberal bias? So you're saying that the BBC is tailored to reflect the views of the culturally liberal ... so most of the population?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevtp)
    Not wanting a particular race of people to live there, based on stereotype, is racist. Whether they are 'Poles or Portuguese' or 'English and German' is besides the point. Both are in the wrong.

It's not racist, it's a statistic caused by each race, if you want to rent out a house to a peruvian and come back to a house that looks like the trash is holding it up then be my guest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    Not that you were bothered eh, Elipsis
    They grow the worst weed ever. They are the ones who have been covering it in fibre glass to push the weight up! Also, they don't tell you they are growing in your house so you don't get paid anything extra.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC and Nick Griffin: :rofl:

It's all to sell really. I bet when the cameras are off, these people are very courteous to each other. Maybe they even go on the lash. :dontknow:

Edit: NWO and media conspiracy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I presume from that you don't know who Andrew Marr is. Which is far more shocking from someone who seems to consider themselves politically active and astute, than the idea that the BBC might not be the beacon of impartiality it claims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    If the BBC say there's a race issue, there's a race issue.

"In a recent study comparing all major news networks, it was found that the BBC don't lie."
    Source: www.bbc.co.uk
    Nice! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    BBC report damns its ‘culture of bias’

THE BBC is institutionally biased, an official report will conclude this week. The year-long investigation, commissioned by the BBC, has found the corporation particularly partial in its treatment of single-issue politics such as climate change, poverty, race and religion.

(Original post by Lizia)
    I presume from that you don't know who Andrew Marr is. Which is far more shocking from someone who seems to consider themselves politically active and astute, than the idea that the BBC might not be the beacon of impartiality it claims.
    Well, i'm not British and British politics isn't my forté or my primary interest!

Mm, well, i guess he's right. Then again, progressive and accepting is not something to be disdained :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So the BBC made a crappy news report, so does every news organisation from time to time. Much of what the media puts out is merely filler material of little value or interest to anyone.

ReputationRep:

Secondly, a cultural liberal bias? So you're saying that the BBC is tailored to reflect the views of the culturally liberal ... so most of the population?
    First, Andrew Marr is from the BBC..

Secondly, how can you say most of the population is culturally liberal? What about the people who are culturally conservative- they pay the license fee too. The BBC should be neutral.

ReputationRep:
    Why does Andrew Marr drive that stupid turquoise car?

Edit: lol, I didn't actually intend that to rhyme :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    i agree. And to be honest if it is someones house they are renting out - its their house, they should be allowed to have a say who they want.

You know with pubs/clubs they have the right to refuse entry blah blah blah because its private property isnt it exactly the same with rentals - it is private property so the owner/estate agent acting on the owners behalf has the right to refuse rental?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    If the BBC say there's a race issue, there's a race issue.

"In a recent study comparing all major news networks, it was found that the BBC don't lie."
    Source: www.bbc.co.uk
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)

that was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I take much of what the BBC has to say with a pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)

Your a poet and you don't even know it.

ReputationRep:

The Daily Mail is only the messenger. Andrew Marr does not work for the Daily Mail. He works for the BBC.

Don't use every Daily Mail reference as an excuse to attack its right-wing ideology. The same could be done with The Guardian.

Let newspapers report what they want.

ReputationRep:
    basically thats the country we live in.
    you cant even mention immigration on here before getting tarred with the big racism brush.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i'm not British and British politics isn't my forté or my primary interest!
    Well the tone of your post was fairly arrogant and authoritative, which suggested to me that you might have known something about the topic at hand. My mistake :rolleyes:

In future, if you want to attack a quote, learn more about its provenance than the newspaper at hand. Just because you think the newspaper itself is without merit (which is pretty stupid in itself), doesn't mean you can dismiss every quote that's ever appeared in it. If you haven't heard of Andrew Marr, you clearly don't know much at all about British politics, so perhaps you should learn a bit more before you accuse newspapers of being ignorant and worthless.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.