Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best flight operators... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't have much experience of different operators and have only really travelled around Europe, so I haven't spent enough time on the aeroplanes of different operators to know much.

Is there a particular operator that you like for longer flights, or just one you've had a good experience with?

Is there an operator I really should avoid? (Everyone seems to hate Ryanair)

I'm planning to go to a few places in the next 12 months (plans are not in concrete), Moscow, Cairo, New Delhi, Lusaka etc.

I'm not looking for packages as I'm trying to be brave.
    I will be travelling economy class, obviously.

So far prices are similar when I've used FlightComparison.co.uk and Expedia.

Thanks you.

ReputationRep:
    Not KLM :sick:

ReputationRep:
    My experiences with British Airways have always been ****

ReputationRep:
    Virgin Atlantic are always good. I would try to avoid american and continental airlines. Qantas and Singapore Airlines are good.

ReputationRep:
    Totally irrelevant, but Cathay Pacific are a great airline!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Singapore airlines is famously good. I've never tried them myself. Apparently their first class is the best first class you can get, or so my friend tells me. :angryface: Qantas is quite good too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Singapore airlines is famously good. I've never tried them myself. Apparently their first class is the best first class you can get, or so my friend tells me. :angryface: Qantas is quite good too.
    Second best I'd say...the first place goes to Emirates in my opinion - they are fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    Second best I'd say...the first place goes to Emirates in my opinion - they are fantastic!
    I've never tried either airline or first class so I couldn't possibly say. This was according to a frequent first class flyer.

ReputationRep:
    Skytrax is a really good airline rater where you can read reviews and write your own. They have a star system where they rate airlines based on their average scores.

Personally, I've found Virgin and BA to behold rather pleasant experiences in the air. I've been well looked after on both airlines. I've also been on American Airlines, and whilst I was also well served there, the crew weren't quite as brilliant. During the flight they sat at the back rather than going on regular drinks rounds. The seat belt sign was also on for almost the entire flight.

ReputationRep:
    I'd definately say British Airways, they are really good!
    Free upgrade to business class too on my most recent flight

ReputationRep:
    Virgin and BA

ReputationRep:
    XLAirways were very good until they went bust a year ago.

Virgin Atlantic, British Airways...IcelandicAir were awesome but thats only a good place to go on if you wanna get your balls froze off. Do you? They have great in-flight meals.

ReputationRep:
    I've always had good experiences with BA and I've flown with them countless times on different routes, including the London - Cairo route you will be doing. Check STA travel for cheap flights, they often have huge reductions. I'd avoid Ryanair if possible and fly with Easyjet instead.

ReputationRep:
    I have alwasy been happy with KLM- mostly because Amsterdam is such an easy airport, and they go to so many places. Emirates is also good. Avoid BA, i'd say, but that's mostly to do with my inbuilt hatred of Heathrow- I refuse to fly through it. Also, definitely avoid Gulf Air- I've had a lot of flights with them, and they are bad for loosing baggage, and the food is often truly disgusting. Also, they always overbook, so you are likely to get bumped.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with Heathrow? It's so easy to get to... Try flying into somewhere like Stanstead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaccyG)
    Virgin Atlantic are always good. I would try to avoid american and continental airlines. Qantas and Singapore Airlines are good.
    Agreed.

Virgin are the best.

I liked Singapore Airlines and Qantas too. The Qantas staff are always really friendly.

Worst ever are Malaysian Airways and Silk Air. Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    BA first choice thats the way to go but easyjet wasn't a pleasent expierience

ReputationRep:
    tom clancy's HAWX

ReputationRep:
    Oh Air Asia are pretty good. Tiger Airways are crap but their cheap, although AA do their routes now anyway so best to stick to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    tom clancy's HAWX...
    ...Is a **** game

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.