Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best flight operators... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrix)
    Totally irrelevant, but Cathay Pacific are a great airline!:woo:
    :coma: best airline in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    What's wrong with Heathrow? It's so easy to get to... Try flying into somewhere like Stanstead
    Hehe, it's almost as quick to Luton from mine (Camden) as it is to Heathrow, if I don't allow myself to be ripped off by the Heathrow Express. Having to get on that shuttle bus at Luton Parkway station adds to the hassle though.

ReputationRep:
    I think I just prefer the fact that you can get there by the tube, and don't have to use a bus. Plus its only £4, £2.20 with an oyster off peak & you arrive at exactly where you need to be (IN the airport)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james_dow)
    ...Is a **** game
    yeah but it came free with my graphics card

ReputationRep:
    Don't fly with Monarch. So many delays, they can hardly call themseleves an airline. Virgin are pretty good and I'll be flying with them again in September. I've always found Thomas Cook and Thomson/First Choice fine too.

ReputationRep:
    Qantas were great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Hehe, it's almost as quick to Luton from mine (Camden) as it is to Heathrow, if I don't allow myself to be ripped off by the Heathrow Express. Having to get on that shuttle bus at Luton Parkway station adds to the hassle though.
    Haha it costs me £2 to get to heathrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenhotep)
    I don't have much experience of different operators and have only really travelled around Europe, so I haven't spent enough time on the aeroplanes of different operators to know much.

Is there a particular operator that you like for longer flights, or just one you've had a good experience with?

Is there an operator I really should avoid? (Everyone seems to hate Ryanair)

I'm planning to go to a few places in the next 12 months (plans are not in concrete), Moscow, Cairo, New Delhi, Lusaka etc.

I'm not looking for packages as I'm trying to be brave.
    I will be travelling economy class, obviously.

So far prices are similar when I've used FlightComparison.co.uk and Expedia.

Thanks you.
    for moscow , get a flight to domodedovo airport and not sheremetyevo.

ReputationRep:
    Avoid Delta like the plauge.

Also, avoid Pakistan International Airlines.

BMI are great, Continental are great, BA have always been good for us.....

Thomas Cook are great good prices too!

^^ Coming from my dad who's a controller at Manchester

ReputationRep:
    JAL is the best I've been with
    Air France is good too

NOT lufthansa

(Original post by azhao)
    Not KLM :sick:
    Why? they've always seemed good for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    What's wrong with Heathrow? It's so easy to get to... Try flying into somewhere like Stanstead
    It's the changing terminals and stuff, plus, it's just.... dingy, and dark, and confusing. Amsterdam is bright, all shiney and clean, and so easy to navigate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teao the Cat)
    It's the changing terminals and stuff, plus, it's just.... dingy, and dark, and confusing. Amsterdam is bright, all shiney and clean, and so easy to navigate.
    And epically big

(security on gates sucks tho)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by never killed a man)
    for moscow , get a flight to domodedovo airport and not sheremetyevo.
    Why's that?

I don't plan to stay long mind, it's only because it's the starting point of the Trans-Siberian railway.

For flying to the US this is what I've been told by people / found out myself.

Avoid; US Airways, Air France, United
    Good; British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, American Airlines, Delta

I'd definately reccommend Delta from personal experience if only to see the hillarious safety video but never, ever go with US Airways. They don't even have fudging head-rest entertainment they show crappy films on screens in the middle of the aisle that you can't see properly if you sit in a window seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Haha it costs me £2 to get to heathrow.
    Yeah me too but it's a long ride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teao the Cat)
    Terminal 5 isn't :top:

ReputationRep:
    Quantas and Singapore Airlines are supposed to be really good
    Etihad are also awesome (from experience)
    BA are sometimes fine, sometimes awful, depends what route you're doing.
    And you can't avoid Heathrow for lots of flights... most long distance fly from Heathrow I've found, so it's not optional...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Yeah me too but it's a long ride.
    Yeah I suppose it is. Have to get tubes and eugh. I hate tubes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amenhotep)
    Why's that?

I don't plan to stay long mind, it's only because it's the starting point of the Trans-Siberian railway.
    domodedovo has been upgraded recently so it's nicer, and the transport to the centre of moscow is better.

but if you fly to sheremetyevo it wont kill you (although the stab wound when you get robbed in the terminal might).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aKarma)
    JAL is the best I've been with
    Air France is good too

NOT lufthansa

Why? they've always seemed good for me
    Worst inflight snack ever, and on the long haul flight they only had overhead tvs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.