Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I saw a thread about AS results, and decided to start one regarding A2 results...

I was planning first thing in the morning, cuz then there will be less demand on the phone lines, less demand at hospitals, should I have an attack if I fail Lol, and easier to choose a clearing course if the previous statement comes tru :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Im going to get there at the exact time they start giving them out, can;t remeber the time off hand though :|

ReputationRep:
    If track updates as successful, some time around 10.30 probably. If i miss my offer, 9am sharp to see how miserably I failed.

ReputationRep:
    I can't collect my results until 11am, therefore.. track will be my friend until then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniper-Squeak)
    I saw a thread about AS results, and decided to start one regarding A2 results...

I was planning first thing in the morning, cuz then there will be less demand on the phone lines, less demand at hospitals, should I have an attack if I fail Lol, and easier to choose a clearing course if the previous statement comes tru :woo:
    well dont they come out the same as AS? they come out at the same time at my college. im gonna go about 10:30am

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me about hw the universties accept or decline us... do we send them our results or do they get them automatically?.... are we meant to do anything with our results?...

ReputationRep:
    same answer as before....ASAP..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaison2)
    can someone tell me about hw the universties accept or decline us... do we send them our results or do they get them automatically?.... are we meant to do anything with our results?...
    They already have your results. :wink2:

You don't do anything, it's automatic.

ReputationRep:
    I just have to wait for Mr Postman. Although I might log onto CCEA online and get half of my results as soon as I wakeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I just have to wait for Mr Postman. Although I might log onto CCEA online and get half of my results as soon as I wakeup.
    My postman lives next door so I'm sorted lol.
    How do you get you're ccea results online?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    It says 10:30am on my letter, but I'll have probably checked UCAS Track and my online STEP results by then, so the only grades I won't know are French A-level, General Studies A-level and my AEAs, which I'm not particularly worked up about... I'll maybe get there for 10:15ish and pass the time talking to my chums. Who knows, they might start dishing them out a few minutes early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    They get your results a few days before you do, so you don't have to do anything
    so.. wen u login to track.. u would get a decision of whether u got accepted or not.. on the results day?... and then u choose between ur insurance and your firm choice?.. and wht if u dont make both.. r u busted then.. would u hve to wait till next year?..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by project_natal)
    My postman lives next door so I'm sorted lol.
    How do you get you're ccea results online?
    I think they are trialling it this year. Our school handed us out a letter from CCEA with a pin code to access the results.

I'm going in at the stated time of 10am
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I got the acceptance letter before I even went to get my results!

(Well, technically, my mom did. She hid it so I wouldn't know until I had the results themselves...)
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by jaison2)
    so.. wen u login to track.. u would get a decision of whether u got accepted or not.. on the results day?... and then u choose between ur insurance and your firm choice?.. and wht if u dont make both.. r u busted then.. would u hve to wait till next year?..
    UCAS Track updates at 7am-ish on the morning of results day. If you get accepted into your firm, you have to go to your firm, you don't get to choose between your firm and insurance choice. If you miss your firm then obviously you go to your insurance. If you get into neither, then you can go through Clearing to try and get a place, and if that fails you'll have to apply next year. You can also, if you want, reject any offers you receive and then go through Clearing, but that's only if you're really unhappy with your firm/insurance choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe-Marie)
    I can't collect my results until 11am, therefore.. track will be my friend until then.

this

refresh button will be used aloooot that night/morning :o:

ReputationRep:
    0900 hours. With a paper bag over my head if Track says that I've been unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    UCAS Track updates at 7am-ish on the morning of results day. If you get accepted into your firm, you have to go to your firm, you don't get to choose between your firm and insurance choice. If you miss your firm then obviously you go to your insurance. If you get into neither, then you can go through Clearing to try and get a place, and if that fails you'll have to apply next year. You can also, if you want, reject any offers you receive and then go through Clearing, but that's only if you're really unhappy with your firm/insurance choices.
    one last question.. sorry i am asking so many guys.. wht does clearing mean?.. coz i am new to the UK.. i came from india.. where u dont hve ucas or anything... my firm is queen mary at bcc.. and insurance at portsmouth at ccc.. for computer science..

ReputationRep:
    try this thread, if you want to discuss other stuff to do with results day...http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...983296&page=88

but my sixth form will be open from 10:30 to 15:00. i plan to be there at 10:30 so that i have the whole day to celebrate success or failure. but im going to check track before i go

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.