Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unwell, does anybody think that my dad is acting strange? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I woke up feeling really unwell, and after phoning work they were sympathetic, asked me not to come and to see how I was feeling tomorrow.

So I was resting in bed, when my boyfriend phoned my house phone on his lunch break and my dad answered it. As soon as he saw me in my dressing gown, he looked like he was going to go mad with me as it was past midday. I told him I was unwell and instead of being nice he just shoved the phone at me and walked off. This was over two hours ago and I have been to make a lemsip and he hasn't even bothered to ask how I'm feeling. In fact, he hasn't even said a word to me.

Does anybody else think that this is strange behaviour when your daughter is ill? He isn't the most affectionate person in the world I know, I'm not expecting him to start nursing me! What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's just having a bad day? It happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Maybe he's just having a bad day? It happens.
    Yea he might have something on his mind.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds just like my father,
    So I would consider it "normal" father behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Do you work full time? I know parents get annoyed when their student offspring are home all day and they have to work all the time.

ReputationRep:
    yeah maybe just a bad day or a very early morning

maybe hes got a lot to do and might not want you doing nothing all day and just staying in bed

come evening he'll ask how you're feeling i think

ReputationRep:
    I work part time 3-4days a week. Thanks guys, he's probably had a stressful morning

ReputationRep:
    If you were out last night, he probably thinks it's a hangover.

ReputationRep:
    I went ten pin bowling but I drove. But yeah, I can see why someone wouldn't give somebody with a hangover too much sympathy, self inflicted.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.