Unwell, does anybody think that my dad is acting strange? Watch

ducky87
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Okay, so I woke up feeling really unwell, and after phoning work they were sympathetic, asked me not to come and to see how I was feeling tomorrow.

So I was resting in bed, when my boyfriend phoned my house phone on his lunch break and my dad answered it. As soon as he saw me in my dressing gown, he looked like he was going to go mad with me as it was past midday. I told him I was unwell and instead of being nice he just shoved the phone at me and walked off. This was over two hours ago and I have been to make a lemsip and he hasn't even bothered to ask how I'm feeling. In fact, he hasn't even said a word to me.

Does anybody else think that this is strange behaviour when your daughter is ill? He isn't the most affectionate person in the world I know, I'm not expecting him to start nursing me! What do you think?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Maybe he's just having a bad day? It happens.
impervious
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Maybe he's just having a bad day? It happens.
Yea he might have something on his mind.
SerpentineLara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sounds just like my father,
So I would consider it "normal" father behaviour.
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you work full time? I know parents get annoyed when their student offspring are home all day and they have to work all the time.
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah maybe just a bad day or a very early morning

maybe hes got a lot to do and might not want you doing nothing all day and just staying in bed

come evening he'll ask how you're feeling i think
ducky87
I work part time 3-4days a week. Thanks guys, he's probably had a stressful morning
paddyman4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you were out last night, he probably thinks it's a hangover.
ducky87
I went ten pin bowling but I drove. But yeah, I can see why someone wouldn't give somebody with a hangover too much sympathy, self inflicted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads