Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive been trying to book my test since last week but DSA's online/phone test booking services have been offline since last Thursday and were supposed to be working fine today. Online aint working and you have to ring which means long queues.

Whens the best time to ring and avoid a lengthy wait?

ReputationRep:
    YES!
    finally a thread on this
    been trying to book
    found an article online that said it should be back on after 8pm this evening
    *finds webpage*
    this

EDIT....ok I can't read and it says 8am....i dunno then but it is annoying and the phones just arent working

ReputationRep:
    It's meant to be back online at 8am...

...or not.

ReputationRep:
    im angry at them now
    theyve even started displaying the message saying 8:00am......
    how embarrassing for them!

ReputationRep:
    DSA have been having a few teething troubles with their new computer system so I wouldn't bother trying to ring an already congested call centre. Keep trying online until the system is back up.

ReputationRep:
    It says you can ring but I rang and it ends up with the line going dead. Hmm...very frustrating! I was thinking if it aint up and running by tomorrow to ring them up and go for the number one theory option and speak to someone about what is going on.

ReputationRep:
    Sneaky...
    I've tried ringing got to 'press one to book a practical car test' pressed one then
    'im sorry we are too busy to take your call'

:mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I was thinking if it aint up and running by tomorrow to ring them up and go for the number one theory option and speak to someone about what is going on.
    That's not going to get you anywhere. If the system's down, it's down. Clogging up another phone line isn't going to get it fixed any quicker. Theory test calls are handled by another company anyway so they won't be able to help. Even if you were getting through to the right company, your extra call just puts more load on an already overstretched system which makes the backlog longer to clear for everybody else (and only to be told the same situation we already know).

I've already given advice on how to find out when the system's working again. Don't try to make a bad situation worse.

ReputationRep:
    theres a link now :teeth:
    except it keeps now telling me that my theory pass number is wrong wtf?!?!?!?! why?!

won't be to do with the system updating will it?

ReputationRep:
    i seem to have gone through but only problem is the only available date coming are 21st september arggghhh!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's back online

ReputationRep:
    ah damn this explains why i can't get it working!

ReputationRep:
    stupid thing gets to paymens and then stops working damn frustrating!!! Has any1 actually bookd a test???

ReputationRep:
    I cant even get the site up, it just keeps saying 'page cannot be displayed'. So annoying, its gonna be christmas before I can get a booking at this rate

ReputationRep:
    I GOT MINE BOOKED

yay

ReputationRep:
    Tried getting onto the site now and the page wont come up at all, the DSA site that is....Bloody frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    amazingly my test centre seems to have dissapeared off the face of the earth?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    Its now working but now the postcode thing isnt working lol, this is a joke, im gna leave it awhile i think!

ReputationRep:
    GRRR! I finally got a chance to fill the form out online, got to the payment part and then I typed in my card details and it kept saying its having problems accepting card details? It was asking for the AC/VS number which is the security code on the back, and it just kept failing! Tried ringing them now and that and the website dont work!

ReputationRep:
    Onlines working now, Im trying to book my test but whenever I get to the payment stage, keep getting this message: "We could not authorise your payment card with the details you gave us. Please use a different card or call us on 0300 200 1122." All the details are right, but not working for whatever reason. I cant rem the date from when my card was valid from, any idea how I could find out?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.