Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    magdalen for physics with brasenose and st johns as my allocated colleges. Do u have any idea what happens when ur are not being interviewed? how much preperation have u had and what sort of things have u done ot prepare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    magdalen for physics with brasenose and st johns as my allocated colleges. Do u have any idea what happens when ur are not being interviewed? how much preperation have u had and what sort of things have u done ot prepare?
    just revised p1/p2 at the mo, will do some s1 too just so im doing something, then on thurs and fri i will do some physics, simple stuff like newtons laws etc so i have some sort of understanding! im hoping we can do what we like whilst were not being interviewed (i.e. go out for lunch, shopping etc) or ill get bored.. which maths units have you done at AS?

H

ReputationRep:
    p1 s1 and m1. m1 was a bit of a joke since it was almost the same as physics. this year am doing p2 and 3 and m2. have nearly finished p2 but i havent done any p3 at all.

The kinda adivice i got given was to do as many questions as well as possible but do them really well rather than trying them all. I went throught the practice paper and it seemed to take longer than an hour anyway unless u are a god i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    p1 s1 and m1. m1 was a bit of a joke since it was almost the same as physics. this year am doing p2 and 3 and m2. have nearly finished p2 but i havent done any p3 at all.

The kinda adivice i got given was to do as many questions as well as possible but do them really well rather than trying them all. I went throught the practice paper and it seemed to take longer than an hour anyway unless u are a god i suppose.
    you think m1 was a joke, we did d1 - the biggest waste of time ever. its not even proper maths! the practice paper seems ok, ones i could do i could do properly, but ones i couldnt i didnt know where to start. ill have to just shine at interview wont i!

ReputationRep:
    i think tho if u shine at the maths test u are more likely to get in than if u shine at the interview. also at least u know roughtly what topics the test is gonna be on where anytihing could come up in the interview. i imagine that we can do what we want hopefully, with the interview offer there was a note from the JCR about entertainment and watching dvd's which sounded a little inapproaite atho i dont think u can really tell untill u get there.

ReputationRep:
    i think tho if u shine at the maths test u are more likely to get in than if u shine at the interview. also at least u know roughtly what topics the test is gonna be on where anytihing could come up in the interview. i imagine that we can do what we want hopefully, with the interview offer there was a note from the JCR about entertainment and watching dvd's which sounded a little inapproaite atho i dont think u can really tell untill u get there.
    i dont know if you read on the previous page or not, but i dont even have an interview yet! they havent rejected me either so im still hoping!

ReputationRep:
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo got an interview at Univ college!! Yay!!

ReputationRep:
    when do u have to be there? and what days?

ReputationRep:
    when do u have to be there? and what days?
    Have to get there for 8pm on Sunday 14th, stay until Tuesday 5pm i think, possible Wednesday if called for further interviews..

Ill be coming on the train so ill probably aim to be there for before 7 (stupid train network - grrr)

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.