Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to fit everythig needed for uiversity into one suitcase ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be going to university in the near future and was wondering if this would be able to occur.

I mean I know there's stuff like clothes, and work-stuff like textbooks but I think it is possible.

Is this the case ?

Edit: Just noticed the pun

ReputationRep:
    If you have the biggest suitcase in the world, it might be possible.
    + how much are you really bringing?

ReputationRep:
    Simply no.

ReputationRep:
    why would you want to try? jam everything into the family car and ask very nicely for parents to drive you.

ReputationRep:
    NO...you're going to need lots more space then that!!! I mean your shoes alone will probably take up half a suitcase or more!!

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    No way.

ReputationRep:
    Only if your a very accomplished packer... I barely manage to fit it all into a car...

ReputationRep:
    I've got a friend who came down to Ox on the train from Edingburgh and they managed to fit all the essentials in a single suitcase. However, they were an expert packer (their duvet was the size of a laptop before fluffering!). You may find you need to buy stuff there as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hells to the no.

In first year I started off with just the boot of the car filled. Now after 3 years I manage to fill up the entire car, including passenger seat. Depends how much junk you got.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends on the size of your suitcase doesn't it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if your suitcase is the size of a family car.

ReputationRep:
    One suitcase will take a duvet, pillow and couple of towels. If that's all you need then yes, it will all fit.

ReputationRep:
    boy am i screwed then.
    urgh ill just have to send boxes by post i suppose :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I started off with the boot of the car and a seat (that was incluuding a lot of food...) End of second year, and I'm very glad I can keep things in my house over the summer, as my stuff is probably nearer 2 carfuls...

My mums car is a Peugeot 306 and mine is a 106, so not exactly large cars....

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can, if your suitcase is roughly about this size..

http://image34.webshots.com/35/1/87/...2uuebEN_fs.jpg

ReputationRep:
    My books and dvds alone would fill one suitcase probably :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I see maybe not one suitcase but how about a suitcase, holdall and backpack ?

ReputationRep:
    Not even close. My stuff for university just about fitted in one carload. After a couple of years a suitcase, holdall and backpack would struggle to take my notes and textbooks, never mind anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OfftheTrack)
    Alright, I see maybe not one suitcase but how about a suitcase, holdall and backpack ?
    :stupid:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.