Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I'm entitled to a bursary of £430 apparently.....thats if student finance get their arses into gear :p:
    its from the uni not student finance:rolleyes:
    they send you a letter in freshers and then you have to do something like put your bank details on the sheffield uni website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    its from the uni not student finance:rolleyes:
    they send you a letter in freshers and then you have to do something like put your bank details on the sheffield uni website.
    I thought student finance send the details to your uni cos there's a box to tick on the application to say you want to be considered for bursaries/scholarships from your uni?

ReputationRep:
    I thought student finance send the details to your uni cos there's a box to tick on the application to say you want to be considered for bursaries/scholarships from your uni?
    well it was about 11 months and a few hundred pints ago but i think i remember having to go to a website to type in my details for them.

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to fill out anything, they get in contact with you! Simple!

ReputationRep:
    Well, Leicester who are my insurance offer me a pretty good bursary. One of the reasons why I picked them. Sheffield give me a pretty poor bursary, despite me coming from a not well off, single parent background and hopefully getting AAB. Although if I get 119/120 on my English paper and get that final A I'll get another £1000. :rolleyes:

Shame I hate educational English. I specifically picked English Literature and Language so I could get a mix of...well...language and literature. I assumed there would be some emphasis on creative writing and crafting my own style of writing. I was wrong there. The two courseworks I had turned out to be on par with my GCSE Geography coursework for tedium and frustration. Especially the second one, which after months of fine tuning and being told the coursework was finally okay (I'd gone through a couple of failed iterations before this), I was then told 10 days before the deadline that I couldn't get higher than a C because I hadn't followed a specific rule which I had no knowledge of.

I consequently turned it round in 5 days (Main piece and commentary) and got a B. Which is a joke considering how rushed I was and how much I really hated the subject at that point. Probably a testament to how much of a mess the whole thing is. Anyway, do not want to rant on English any more than I have done in the past. I'll take my B and put it behind me (Providing I get that).

ReputationRep:
    on a related note how do i know a a future applicant if i am eligable for any bursaries etc. Is it once we get our results...thanks..

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.