Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harriet Harman: Men Caused Credit Crunch Watch

ReputationRep:
    Must be a red day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Please can she be out on the front line with them!
    If she hesitates I will inform her that this is how it should have always been, as it was during the Celts (everyone has to know Boudicca even the Yanks based the woman in Golden Axe: Beast Rider on her), before invading forces decided to import their own social values and norms. Not that I'm a nationalist but it's always amusing to see people abhor the idea of adapting to foreign concepts, such as Islam, and take past ones taken for granted as being British. It's like the concept of children soldiers and, to a lesser extent, women soldiers are seen as victims in 'western society'. One thing is for sure, in Africa, children with guns won't be starving.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If she hesitates I will inform her that this is how it should have always been, as it was during the Celts (everyone has to know Boudicca even the Yanks based the woman in Golden Axe: Beast Rider on her), before invading forces decided to import their own social values and norms. Not that I'm a nationalist but it's always amusing to see people abhor the idea of adapting to foreign concepts, such as Islam, and take past ones taken for granted as being British. It's like the concept of children soldiers and, to a lesser extent, women soldiers are seen as victims in 'western society'. One thing is for sure, in Africa, children with guns won't be starving.
    Well to be pedantic, Harman is probably anglo-saxon rather than Celtic, but I take your point! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    Well to be pedantic, Harman is probably anglo-saxon rather than Celtic, but I take your point!
    Without knowing her family tree I'll assume a white British person to have Celtic roots. People from south east England are just as Celtic as lowland Scotland, as has been proven using genetics. The Anglosaxon link with England is overstated as many of the English population are still predominantly Celtic. We just don't acknowledge our roots as well as other countries. Always thought it's a bit of a joke to call yourself a citizen of Britain without knowing much of the history of its make-up from day one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.