Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This winter I'll need a few pairs of thick woolly tights (not opaque but preferably not too thick) to wear with dresses/skirts - preferably ribbed. Does anyone know where on earth I can get these - or thinner, ribbed tights in grey or black - where they won't be too expensive? (And I'm talking fashionable thick, not completely bizarre.)

Thanks =).

ReputationRep:
    Primark...
    They have ribbed opaques and normal opaques in grey, black and purple xx

ReputationRep:
    H&M have some rather good tights

ReputationRep:
    H&m

ReputationRep:
    Oasis had some nice different coloured ones last time I went in.

ReputationRep:
    primark have loads, but i've found that they're sized a bit oddly. H&M have loaaads, i've never tried them, but friends say they're good.
    or you could buy some off the internet, my favourites are:
    www.tightsplease.co.uk
    www.mytights.com

there's some on tightsplease but they're a bit pricey, about £11. there's this pair on mytights which are £11.99 which is probably also outside your budget. it all depends if you want to pay extra to get some actual wool in your tights!

ReputationRep:
    primark have ribbed tights (ive seen grey and black), and decent opaques (IMO).
    but obviously not so good quality comes with the £2 price tag.

ReputationRep:
    Primark...quality of some of them isn't bad, I've had some of mine quite a while- as long as you wash them on a low wash they're usually alright for a while.
    Topshop usually have quite a good range but they're going to be a bit more expensive obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of thick tights, does anyone know where you can get long socks that you'd wear with the same sort of clothes...I'm guessing in similar shops suggested here?

ReputationRep:
    Tabio does really thick tights
    http://tabio.com/uk/detail/210-denie...ium_29321.html
    http://tabio.com/uk/detail/110-denie...rge_29511.html
    They are quite pricey though but are apparently really good quality

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, guys =).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    Speaking of thick tights, does anyone know where you can get long socks that you'd wear with the same sort of clothes...I'm guessing in similar shops suggested here?
    I brought some from new look, and live in them, they're awesome

ReputationRep:
    Primark, and marks & spencers!!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.