Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    Is anyone taking specifically "Law with American Law" at UEA this year? .)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpecialKate)
    I find that I keep on saying things like "when I go to UEA..." and then have to stop myself. It isn't in a big headed way - I just really, really want to go :o: and I know that next week I am going to be devastated if things don't work out.
    I've been doing this! It's bad because there is a serious possibility I haven't got in because my exams didn't go that well, but I keep thinking "Oh, I'll be in Norwich soon" and have to kind of correct myself with a "maybe"! Glad it's not just me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripey)
    I've been doing this! It's bad because there is a serious possibility I haven't got in because my exams didn't go that well, but I keep thinking "Oh, I'll be in Norwich soon" and have to kind of correct myself with a "maybe"! Glad it's not just me!

I think everybody does it my Auntie sent me some money to buy some stuff and my mum has bought me some pans and im like if I dont get on my course I will feel really bad especially having to give my Auntie her money back. Its even worse because both of my cousins who have gone to University both failed to get their firms and I hope its not a pattern

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: I'm so nervous I feel like running around screaming but then remember I cant till Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickialice)
    I think everybody does it my Auntie sent me some money to buy some stuff and my mum has bought me some pans and im like if I dont get on my course I will feel really bad especially having to give my Auntie her money back. Its even worse because both of my cousins who have gone to University both failed to get their firms and I hope its not a pattern

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: I'm so nervous I feel like running around screaming but then remember I cant till Thursday
    That sucks about your cousins - I'm sure it doesn't mean anything for you, but I can see it would make you nervous! The only other person in my family who went to uni was my granddad during WW2.

I know what you mean about feeling bad, my mum's bought me so much stuff for going to uni! So if you don't get into UEA will you not be going to uni at all?

ReputationRep:
    That sucks about your cousins - I'm sure it doesn't mean anything for you, but I can see it would make you nervous! The only other person in my family who went to uni was my granddad during WW2.

I know what you mean about feeling bad, my mum's bought me so much stuff for going to uni! So if you don't get into UEA will you not be going to uni at all?
    Not not going to Uni the only problem is my insuance is Keele however I could not go to the open day because I was ill so applied blind I got 4 conditionals 2 AAB, 1 ABB and 1 AB however my ABB was Hull and as I live in Hull they will accept me no matter what even if I dont choose them so I choose Keele as my insurance however since visiting I hate it and do not want to go I know stupid people might say but UEA is perfect and I didnt even think about not getting the grades. Anyway if I dont get into UEA I will be going to Hull and will therefore live at home for the first year to save a bit of money so I can get somewhere good in second year. I dont want to go to Hull but UEA is like the only University I liked out of every single one I visited which was about 15 so I am just scared because Keele was so not me. Im ranting one reason because im worried and secondly because im a ranter. What are you going to be doing at UEA then?

ReputationRep:
    Not not going to Uni the only problem is my insuance is Keele however I could not go to the open day because I was ill so applied blind I got 4 conditionals 2 AAB, 1 ABB and 1 AB however my ABB was Hull and as I live in Hull they will accept me no matter what even if I dont choose them so I choose Keele as my insurance however since visiting I hate it and do not want to go I know stupid people might say but UEA is perfect and I didnt even think about not getting the grades. Anyway if I dont get into UEA I will be going to Hull and will therefore live at home for the first year to save a bit of money so I can get somewhere good in second year. I dont want to go to Hull but UEA is like the only University I liked out of every single one I visited which was about 15 so I am just scared because Keele was so not me. Im ranting one reason because im worried and secondly because im a ranter. What are you going to be doing at UEA then?
    I think you can ask Keele to release you and then you can look for something else in clearing. Anyway, I'm sure you'll do fine and get into UEA I'm doing English Lit, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can ask Keele to release you and then you can look for something else in clearing. Anyway, I'm sure you'll do fine and get into UEA I'm doing English Lit, what about you?
    Law with European Legal Systems which is why im a bit worried because its not straight law which has hundreds of places there are not many places on the course. I have gone through looking at how many marks I can miss and if my cw is right and doesnt go up or down I can only miss 14 marks in History our of 210 or in English I can miss 34 out of 300 in English and I need an A in either English or history to get my AAB and when I read the threads on here I always panic thinking OMG all of these people trying to get onto these courses and its just scary looking at other year results. What time does your college open on results day mine is 9am and I want to be at the door at 9am to get my results.

ReputationRep:
    Law with European Legal Systems which is why im a bit worried because its not straight law which has hundreds of places there are not many places on the course. I have gone through looking at how many marks I can miss and if my cw is right and doesnt go up or down I can only miss 14 marks in History our of 210 or in English I can miss 34 out of 300 in English and I need an A in either English or history to get my AAB and when I read the threads on here I always panic thinking OMG all of these people trying to get onto these courses and its just scary looking at other year results. What time does your college open on results day mine is 9am and I want to be at the door at 9am to get my results.
    Maybe if you miss the offer for that, they'll offer you straight Law instead?

Mine opens at 10, which seems really late to me! Other people are going to have a headstart on calling unis and stuff. But then my school was really late sending out our UCAS applications in the first place so I think they just don't care about us going to uni :rolleyes:

Are you going to check Track in the morning or wait for your results?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if you miss the offer for that, they'll offer you straight Law instead?

Mine opens at 10, which seems really late to me! Other people are going to have a headstart on calling unis and stuff. But then my school was really late sending out our UCAS applications in the first place so I think they just don't care about us going to uni :rolleyes:

Are you going to check Track in the morning or wait for your results?
    10 is late I told my teacher it should be at 7am and she said there wouldnt be any teachers there to help at 7am.
    My mum said I should because then I know what to expect. Mine is 9 like I said but it will take me 20 - 30 minutes to walk there depending on my speed. Therefore if I dont check I may be sick on the way from worry so I am going to check. Will you be?

ReputationRep:
    10 is late I told my teacher it should be at 7am and she said there wouldnt be any teachers there to help at 7am.
    My mum said I should because then I know what to expect. Mine is 9 like I said but it will take me 20 - 30 minutes to walk there depending on my speed. Therefore if I dont check I may be sick on the way from worry so I am going to check. Will you be?
    I think 8 would be reasonable, most of the teachers are in by then on a normal school day so it's not like they can't manage it. 9 would be a compromise. 10 is taking the mickey, in my view!

Yeah, I'm definitely checking! I don't actually care about my grades, I just want to know if I got in, and I can't wait until 10! I'd hate to find out I hadn't got in in school in front of everyone.

ReputationRep:
    My school is opening at 10, though I think if my UCAS hasn't been updated I'll just want to head straight there and camp outside the door :o:

It's really strange, I have to go to work today but in my head it's like... when I get home, there is nothing standing between me and results day. I'll just rush each day by, wanting to sleep and wake up so results day finally arrives.

(I just know that my crazy excited optimism and anticipation of results day is going to backfire terribly... but I've been waiting for these for too long not to get excited!)
    I said exactly the same thing! If I know I've got my place then whatever, I don't care when I get my results. If it hasn't updated or I'm in clearing, I will be down there at 9 or even earlier, and just stand there until they let me in :p:

I had the optimism thing until a few weeks ago... now I'm just scared!

ReputationRep:
    I think 8 would be reasonable, most of the teachers are in by then on a normal school day so it's not like they can't manage it. 9 would be a compromise. 10 is taking the mickey, in my view!

Yeah, I'm definitely checking! I don't actually care about my grades, I just want to know if I got in, and I can't wait until 10! I'd hate to find out I hadn't got in in school in front of everyone.
    8 would be good I think everybody should go at the same time or have the opportunity to go at the same time instead of all the colleges having different times. Once I know if I have gotten onto my course I wont care about anything else it is so stressful waiting I got back off holiday on Thursday and since then all I think is I wish I was still there I never thought about my grades once.

ReputationRep:
    8 would be good I think everybody should go at the same time or have the opportunity to go at the same time instead of all the colleges having different times. Once I know if I have gotten onto my course I wont care about anything else it is so stressful waiting I got back off holiday on Thursday and since then all I think is I wish I was still there I never thought about my grades once.
    I agree, it's really unfair, especially with so few places in clearing.

Why did you choose UEA?

Do you happen to know what time UCAS will be updating this year? I think last year it was 7 but a few people I've spoken to have sad that this year it will be later.
    There's a thread about it somewhere, it seems to be between 6 and 7, but obviously it could be different this year!

ReputationRep:
    I agree, it's really unfair, especially with so few places in clearing.

Why did you choose UEA?

UEA was perfect tbh I was just looking through Universities looking for a really good law one that was AAB and found UEA I was attracted to the fact they came high in the student satisfaction survey. I didnt go to the open day because it was my first day at a new job so I just applyed after reding on here and on their website and after I went I knew straight away it was perfect. Plus I liked the year abroad it would be fab I know loads of Universities offer it it but perfect University plus perfect course is hard to find.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    UEA was perfect tbh I was just looking through Universities looking for a really good law one that was AAB and found UEA I was attracted to the fact they came high in the student satisfaction survey. I didnt go to the open day because it was my first day at a new job so I just applyed after reding on here and on their website and after I went I knew straight away it was perfect. Plus I liked the year abroad it would be fab I know loads of Universities offer it it but perfect University plus perfect course is hard to find.

What about you?
    Well, at first my favourite was Exeter, but when I went there it just didn't feel right at all, the sample lecture really put me off and the atmosphere just didn't feel right. So I went to UEA and the talk this guy from the Lit department gave was really good and he made the course sound exactly like what I wanted to do. Plus it was really sunny on the open day and the campus just looked gorgeous. I'm a bit concerned that all that concrete must look pretty bleak in the rain, but... I don't know, I just got a really good vibe there. My reasons are all a bit woolly, really, just vague feelings about a place!

ReputationRep:
    Well, at first my favourite was Exeter, but when I went there it just didn't feel right at all, the sample lecture really put me off and the atmosphere just didn't feel right. So I went to UEA and the talk this guy from the Lit department gave was really good and he made the course sound exactly like what I wanted to do. Plus it was really sunny on the open day and the campus just looked gorgeous. I'm a bit concerned that all that concrete must look pretty bleak in the rain, but... I don't know, I just got a really good vibe there. My reasons are all a bit woolly, really, just vague feelings about a place!
    They are not vague I feel exactly the same when I went to Nottingham I felt the sample lecture was a bit much for 16/17 year olds looking at applying plus I agree with the atmosphere has to be right Nottingham law department just didnt seem friendly. At UEA the open day was very laid back which was great. I went when it was raining all day and it still looked nice just with puddles.

ReputationRep:
    They are not vague I feel exactly the same when I went to Nottingham I felt the sample lecture was a bit much for 16/17 year olds looking at applying plus I agree with the atmosphere has to be right Nottingham law department just didnt seem friendly. At UEA the open day was very laid back which was great. I went when it was raining all day and it still looked nice just with puddles.
    Ahh, that's good to know! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who went with "feelings" like that, lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, that's good to know! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who went with "feelings" like that, lol
    Well yer I was so glas when I found UEA because I had visited well 13 by then and none of them were right with both course and University. What grades do you need for your course and what are you predicted and AS?

ReputationRep:
    Well yer I was so glas when I found UEA because I had visited well 13 by then and none of them were right with both course and University. What grades do you need for your course and what are you predicted and AS?
    I need AAB for English with an A in Eng Lit. I got AABB at AS but the English A wasn't very good and the A2 exams didn't seem to go well, so I'm a bit nervous. I'm predicted AAA but when I spoke to my French teacher she said she didn't really think I could get an A so I'm not really sure why she predicted that :rolleyes: What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I need AAB for English with an A in Eng Lit. I got AABB at AS but the English A wasn't very good and the A2 exams didn't seem to go well, so I'm a bit nervous. I'm predicted AAA but when I spoke to my French teacher she said she didn't really think I could get an A so I'm not really sure why she predicted that :rolleyes: What about you?
    I got ABB at AS and im predicted AAB which is what I need but I only got 60 out of 90 on my history cw which is a c which means that if I doesnt get changed my exams will have to have gone amazing and I dont think it did. Thing is I know when I have done well and I know when I havent I am really good at that usually and only one of my exams went really well and I only need 67 out of 120 to get an A in that so its stupid. I think some people just know and some people just always say I did rubbish and they do amazing and some people are like OMG I did fab and then they do rubbish and some people just know. Its getting so much closer everybody keeps saying I will stay up all night incase they come on at midnight but I very much doubt they will.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.