Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SQA RESULTS-ONLY Thread :: Post your Results Watch

• View Poll Results: Your performance (Vote when you get your results)
    I did REALLY, REALLY good
    35.23%
    I did better than I expected
    34.66%
    I did as I expected
    18.18%
    I did average
    7.95%
    I didn't do so good
    7.39%
    I did worse than expected
    8.52%
    I did HORRIBLE! This changes EVERYTHING
    4.55%
    I met none of my offers
    3.41%
    I'll make up for this in 6th year
    5.68%

• PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by EmmaDilemma)
    Uchh you're kind of the same as me ..I was ABCCD ...was expected to get AAACC. Still don't believe that the essays I wrote for the english exam were worth Cs and History I definitely deserved an A.
    Oh well...just means we can't relax in 6th year!

I know was not happy with the thought that im going to have to work in s6 hahaa xxx
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    apply for clearing anyway!! They may take you with the grades you have. Phone them up!

I did lol, they said they couldn't except me with my chemistry grade but phone them if I get my appeal lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May2792)
    do you think i'll still be able to get into uni straight after 6th year?
    Of course. They're not terrible grades by any manner or means.

my plans were glasgow, edinburgh or st. andrews but now im afraid that ive wrecked all my plans.
    Of those, I would imagine you'd be in with a chance of a conditional at Glasgow or Edinburgh. St Andrews might well reject you. I would make sure that you have at least one application which expects lower grades, but I'd hardly panic!

higher biology, crash higher chemistry, music, and advanced higher maths. i want to study neuroscience at uni. is it still worth it to do advanced higher maths?
    If you decide to crash chemistry, make sure you get a good grade (A or B). AH maths is a considerable step up from Higher if you're not an awfully good mathematician: was Higher a fluke, or does it match up with your expectations? (If the latter, then I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with a C at AH.)

should i resit physics or just leave it? im only thinking music because i know i have a good chance of getting a good mark.
    Music might give you a good mark, but it's also almost entirely irrelevant to neuroscience, which is worth bearing in mind.

the entry requirements at glasgow and edinburgh for neuroscience are 4 Bs, two of which need to be sciences.
    Caution: this is almost certainly for one sitting (all sat in one year). You may well find that they increase that to something like ABBB or AABB for two sittings (so your conditional might be a little steeper than you expect - maybe AB at Higher or BB from one AH and one Higher). Take another look, or contact the university to check this (I found admissions offices in general to be very friendly and supremely helpful).

i've been doing a lot of things on the side like work experience and volunteering, will that help?
    Not much, if at all. Frankly, I'm not entirely convinced that Edinburgh read personal statements, although I'm maybe being a little overly suspicious.

Disclaimer: all of this is my opinion, mostly uninformed other than from information that's available on the university websites themselves and my experience of one or two of the courses.

ReputationRep:
    Band 2 in chemistry I thought i'd done much better than in that than physics

ReputationRep:
    I realise i'm 2 days late but ohhh well

I got

Int 2 Biology: A

Int 2 Chemistry : A

Int 2 Physics: A

Int 2 French : A

Int 2 Spanish : A

SG Maths: 1

SG Computing: 1

SG English: 1 (unexplained miracle)

I felt like killing myself after english, I wrote what I thought was a horrid essay and thought I messed up the close reading. But i'm delighted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Band 2 in chemistry I thought i'd done much better than in that than physics
    Its still an A :woo:
    I wish people wouldn't look at bands. They get dissapointed for no reason - its an A!! And 5 As at AH? Thats bloody impressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Its still an A :woo:
    I wish people wouldn't look at bands. They get dissapointed for no reason - its an A!! And 5 As at AH? Thats bloody impressive.
    It's a personal thing :p: I knew the course pretty much inside out and got a band 1 for my prelim, so it feels a bit dissapointing. I know it's not THAT bad, but it's like a personal goal I missed if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackwka)
    I realise i'm 2 days late but ohhh well

I got

Int 2 Biology: A

Int 2 Chemistry : A

Int 2 Physics: A

Int 2 French : A

Int 2 Spanish : A

SG Maths: 1

SG Computing: 1

SG English: 1 (unexplained miracle)

I felt like killing myself after english, I wrote what I thought was a horrid essay and thought I messed up the close reading. But i'm delighted
    Well done :woo:

What Highers do ya wanna do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Well done :woo:

What Highers do ya wanna do?

Doing english, biology, chemistry, spanish and computing May change something for physics.

How about you? and what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackwka)
    Doing english, biology, chemistry, spanish and computing May change something for physics.

How about you? and what did you get?
    I got:
    English 2
    Maths 3 (Wish I did credit now lol)
    History 1 (straight 1s)
    Comps 1 (straight 1s)
    Chemistry 1 (straight 1s)
    Biology 2

annnd I'll be doing Higher English, Human Biology, Chemistry & Psychology, with wee Int 2 Maths :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May2792)
    i've messed up my highers this year,

higher maths- B
    higher english- B
    higher history- B
    higher physics- D

though i got eight 1s in standard grade. i'm a good student but i slacked off this year, and i know i'm gonna have to start routine again next year. does anyone have any advice for me? do you think i'll still be able to get into uni straight after 6th year? my plans were glasgow, edinburgh or st. andrews but now im afraid that ive wrecked all my plans.

next year, i was originally planning to take higher biology, crash higher chemistry, music, and advanced higher maths. i want to study neuroscience at uni. is it still worth it to do advanced higher maths? should i resit physics or just leave it? im only thinking music because i know i have a good chance of getting a good mark.

the entry requirements at glasgow and edinburgh for neuroscience are 4 Bs, two of which need to be sciences.

my dad says i should take computing to up my chances- would it? i've been doing a lot of things on the side like work experience and volunteering, will that help?

SO sorry for the massive post, i'm really REALLY desperate for help here. xx
    I got similar grades to you in 5th year (AACC) and my course at Edinburgh was wanting BBBB and Glasgow ABBB and got conditional offers for BB in Higher for Edinburgh and a B for Glasgow. Don't worry, you should get offers but try a uni lwith lower requirements just to be on the safe side

I think it would be wise to aim for AB in highers; the sciences or computing would be your best bet. From experience with Edinburgh, they don't take account of the AH, even if it's an A in the subject your going to study - so choose carefully and unless you can get an A at AH maths i don't think it's worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    That was pretty harsh, she made a mistake. No need to make her feel like a retard... she was congratulating you aswell.
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    No discussions, guys.

PS. Rapidfire, that was a pretty **** thing to say.
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Woops, sorry. The latex formating kinda jumbled it up a bit. Only trying to be nice :yes:
    Sorry, I didn't intend to be mean. I wasn't being dead serious or anything; just a bit of teasing. No hard feelings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titchxo)
    i wasnt overly bothered since i had my unconditional as well bt i would have liked to have passed. read a bit of the hector macqueen one, bt thts about it, have you ?
    That and the politics one- i'm only reading the compulsory ones!

ReputationRep:
    Only just back from holidays.

Advanced Highers:
    Maths - A (98%)
    Mechanics - A (100%)
    Physics - A (94%)

Higher Economics - A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumdv)

Advanced Highers:
    Maths - A (98%)
    Mechanics - A (100%)
    Physics - A (94%)

Higher Economics - A
    Impressive! How did you find out your percentages though, I thought schools didn't receive them for a while?

ReputationRep:

Advanced Highers:
    Maths - A (98%)
    Mechanics - A (100%)
    Physics - A (94%)

Higher Economics - A
    Wow! :eek3:

I love the cheeky "Higher Economics - A" as though the first three aren't enough :P Very well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Impressive! How did you find out your percentages though, I thought schools didn't receive them for a while?
    I asked the school on the 6th and they didn't have them but said they would try to find out, and told me the next day.

ReputationRep:
    I asked the school on the 6th and they didn't have them but said they would try to find out, and told me the next day.
    Hmm, I wonder what they did :p: Maybe because you got 100% in something the SQA were more forthcoming!

Good luck with the step results!

ReputationRep:

Advanced Highers:
    Maths - A (98%)
    Mechanics - A (100%)
    Physics - A (94%)

Higher Economics - A
    Congratulations from a fellow [potential] Emmanuel-person

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from holiday earlier today. Only two surprises, one good, one not so good.

Higher Music - A (good surprise)
    Maths - 1
    Computing - 1
    Physics - 1
    Chemistry 1
    English - 2
    French - 2
    History - 2 (bad surprise, got a 2 in enquiry skills will probably try to appeal if possible)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.