Turn on thread page Beta

SQA RESULTS-ONLY Thread :: Post your Results watch

• View Poll Results: Your performance (Vote when you get your results)
    I did REALLY, REALLY good
    35.23%
    I did better than I expected
    34.66%
    I did as I expected
    18.18%
    I did average
    7.95%
    I didn't do so good
    7.39%
    I did worse than expected
    8.52%
    I did HORRIBLE! This changes EVERYTHING
    4.55%
    I met none of my offers
    3.41%
    I'll make up for this in 6th year
    5.68%

ReputationRep:
    Ohh....Makes sense haha thanks, just wondering if they were on the internet somewhere! found out through my school today anyway so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    Found out my percentages, this seems like the place to post them:

Advanced Highers:

Maths - 98%
    Mechanics - 94%
    Stats - 90%
    Physics - 82%

Higher Chem - 78%

Believe it or not, I'm most happy with Chem! Very chuffed with everything really, all my adv highers were band 1s (on the mark for Physics!). Can't believe my Mechanics, considering I messed up a whole question, I think I must have lost all my marks in that one... hmm! Anyway, parties all round?

ReputationRep:
    I'll post mine too

Maths - 93%
    Chemistry - 79% (only 16 in investigation!)
    Physics - 85% (23 in investigation :cool:)
    Music - 83%
    Mechanics - 90%

I came so close to 5 band ones, bleh :p: It could have been worse though!

ReputationRep:
    I take it yous got your perentages through school? I don't want to know mine, but I do want to know marks for my art folios. I ask for this at school, right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we have an informant teacher who gave us our marks :p:

ReputationRep:
    All highers

Targets/expected/whatever:
    English: A
    Physics: A (though me and my teacher agreed there was every chance I'd be a few percentage below the cut off)
    Maths: B
    Modern Studies: A
    French: well... I said an A, she said a C. I got a C in the first prelim and an A in the second.

Results! da-da-duuun:
    English: A (a lot better than I expected because I thought I'd failed when I came out of the exam!)
    Physics: A
    Maths: B (going to see whether there's any grounds for an appeal just in case I can)
    Modern Studies: B (will be appealing, I thought I'd definitely got an A! not happy at all)
    French: B (I'm going to see whether I can appeal, just so I can rub it in her face that I passed)

Ah, I really wanted 5 As because my dad said he would buy me a Blackberry if I did! But oh well. (: I'm happy (sort of; very annoyed with Modern Studies!)

I kind of feel like I need to tell my physics teacher thank you. I was convinced I'd never get more than a B (I was always 2-5% away from an A) even though I was putting in so much work. But he believed in me and I worked even harder because of it, and it got me an A.
    The A in Physics makes up for the B in Modern Studies.

Oh, and I'll get my percentages on Wednesday when I go back to school.

ReputationRep:
    I should probably find out my percentages and bands, although I am rather reluctant to because last year I was disappointed when I did .

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want to know my bands except for maths because I want to try and appeal.

ReputationRep:
    Int 2 Maths - A
    Int 2 English - A
    Int 2 Chemistry - A
    Int 2 Physics - A
    Int 2 Geography - A
    Int 2 Modern Studies - A
    Int 2 Graphics - A
    Int 2 Art and Design - A

(Original post by Heather with the Weather)
    Int 2 Maths - A
    Int 2 English - A
    Int 2 Chemistry - A
    Int 2 Physics - A
    Int 2 Geography - A
    Int 2 Modern Studies - A
    Int 2 Graphics - A
    Int 2 Art and Design - A

Is that an independent school? :eek3: I wish we had done Int 2s instead of farting about with Standard Grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Is that an independent school? :eek3: I wish we had done Int 2s instead of farting about with Standard Grades.
    Nope, I go to a state school. My school only does Intermediate 1 and 2, no Standard Grades at all. It's the same with all the other surrounding schools. I don't think it matters because it's really only the Highers which are important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lachlan)
    I should probably find out my percentages and bands, although I am rather reluctant to because last year I was disappointed when I did .
    Thats why I don't want to know,
    I want to be proud of what I've achieved. If I was a few marks away for an A? I don't want to know. If I achieved any low, band 2 As, I don't want to know.

I'm happy and I'll leave it at that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Yeah, me too. They look much more impressive than standard grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I'll post mine too

Maths - 93%
    Chemistry - 79% (only 16 in investigation!)
    Physics - 85% (23 in investigation :cool:)
    Music - 83%
    Mechanics - 90%

I came so close to 5 band ones, bleh :p: It could have been worse though!
    How do you find that out??? I want to to know my chem investigation mark!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    How do you find that out??? I want to to know my chem investigation mark!!!
    The school has a database of every pupil and how they've done, and a teacher found out for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    The school has a database of every pupil and how they've done, and a teacher found out for me.
    Ohhh, I shall get pestering then.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, I shall get pestering then.... :p:
    You can also go in and ask your subject teacher, who will have a list of marks. That's what I'll be doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    You can also go in and ask your subject teacher, who will have a list of marks. That's what I'll be doing
    But that would require actually going into school which means then being stuck there for 7 hours...

ReputationRep:
    But that would require actually going into school which means then being stuck there for 7 hours...
    Why would you need to be there for 7 hours:p: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Why would you need to be there for 7 hours:p: ?
    Cos once I get there on the school bus, which arrives at about 8.30am, then there's no way to get home until the busses at the end of school, which leave at 3.40pm. Unless I fancied a 15 mile walk, which I dont.... :p:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.