Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SQA RESULTS-ONLY Thread :: Post your Results Watch

• View Poll Results: Your performance (Vote when you get your results)
    I did REALLY, REALLY good
    35.23%
    I did better than I expected
    34.66%
    I did as I expected
    18.18%
    I did average
    7.95%
    I didn't do so good
    7.39%
    I did worse than expected
    8.52%
    I did HORRIBLE! This changes EVERYTHING
    4.55%
    I met none of my offers
    3.41%
    I'll make up for this in 6th year
    5.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanybob)
    Cos once I get there on the school bus, which arrives at about 8.30am, then there's no way to get home until the busses at the end of school, which leave at 3.40pm. Unless I fancied a 15 mile walk, which I dont.... :p:
    ah right probably better to phone then:p:

ReputationRep:
    Cos once I get there on the school bus, which arrives at about 8.30am, then there's no way to get home until the busses at the end of school, which leave at 3.40pm. Unless I fancied a 15 mile walk, which I dont.... :p:
    A 15 mile would be quicker :p:

Can you not hitch-hike?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    A 15 mile would be quicker :p:

Can you not hitch-hike?
    It probably would, but seems a bit excessive just to find out how much I really knew about soap powders...

The first 7 miles or so probably not, as there is veery little traffic, the next 7 miles probably - wouldnt walk it anyway as its a pretty busy road with no pavement and a reputation for speeding and accidents... The last mile, not a hope in hell of hitching as I dont usually go by the road.

All things considered I think i really will just phone...

ReputationRep:
    It probably would, but seems a bit excessive just to find out how much I really knew about soap powders...

The first 7 miles or so probably not, as there is veery little traffic, the next 7 miles probably - wouldnt walk it anyway as its a pretty busy road with no pavement and a reputation for speeding and accidents... The last mile, not a hope in hell of hitching as I dont usually go by the road.

All things considered I think i really will just phone...
    I was kinda joking anyway :p:

I also forgot that other places aren't like where I live, roads aren't that busy here but still good for hitch hiking.

ReputationRep:

I also forgot that other places aren't like where I live, roads aren't that busy here but still good for hitch hiking.
    Also when was the last time you heard about a serial rapist in Shetland? Makes hitch-hiking slightly less hazardous :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lachlan)
    Also when was the last time you heard about a serial rapist in Shetland? Makes hitch-hiking slightly less hazardous :p:
    No serial rapist would come anywhere near me, for a variety of reasons :p:

ReputationRep:

I know, I just suddenly wondered whether I could have hitched from school... :o:

I'm not really happy hitching on my own anyway Which is probably paranoid and stupid of me, but hey...

ReputationRep:
    No serial rapist would come anywhere near me, for a variety of reasons :p:
    i could have sworn i saw another person with exactly the same avatar has you...hmm..:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    i could have sworn i saw another person with exactly the same avatar has you...hmm..:confused:
    It's a standard TSR one, plenty of people have it :p:

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Yeah, it's kind of common. I've seen 5 on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Prelims:
    AH Gaelic - A
    AH Biology - C
    AH English - D
    H Chemistry - A

Predictions:

AH Gaelic - A
    AH Biology - B
    AH English - C
    H Chemistry - A

Results:

AH Gaelic - A
    AH Biology - B
    AH English - C
    H Chemistry - A

More than got into Glasgow University to study Virology (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisRawesome)
    Found out my percentages, this seems like the place to post them:

Advanced Highers:

Maths - 98%
    Mechanics - 94%
    Stats - 90%
    Physics - 82%

Higher Chem - 78%

Wow Well done! By any chance did you get a prize for Maths for getting the highest percentage ? My teacher was talking about someone who got a prize for getting the highest percentage or mark in Scotland

ReputationRep:
    I'll post mine too

Maths - 93%
    Chemistry - 79% (only 16 in investigation!)
    Physics - 85% (23 in investigation :cool:)
    Music - 83%
    Mechanics - 90%

I came so close to 5 band ones, bleh :p: It could have been worse though!
    4 Band 1s is excellent - Well Done. Is the Chemistry investigation difficult? I'm doing AH chemistry this year and wanted to know.
    Its a shame my school doesn't do AH Physics I got a Band 1 in Higher Physics - Apparently AH is too difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazoo.C)
    4 Band 1s is excellent - Well Done. Is the Chemistry investigation difficult? I'm doing AH chemistry this year and wanted to know.
    Its a shame my school doesn't do AH Physics I got a Band 1 in Higher Physics - Apparently AH is too difficult
    It's actually only 3 band 1's :p: I missed out on chem and music pretty narrowly.

I think the chemistry investigation is much easier in terms of how much effort you have to put in compared to physics. I know it doesn't look like that from my marks but I spent probably a third to a quarter the amount of time on chem as physics (mainly because everything went really well and efficiently, and physics didn't)

ReputationRep:
    It's actually only 3 band 1's :p: I missed out on chem and music pretty narrowly.

I think the chemistry investigation is much easier in terms of how much effort you have to put in compared to physics. I know it doesn't look like that from my marks but I spent probably a third to a quarter the amount of time on chem as physics (mainly because everything went really well and efficiently, and physics didn't)
    3 Band 1s is still very good. You got 5As anyway - it's the grade that counts - not the bands.

Got any tips for AH maths ? I'm okay with the binomial theorem but this factorial stuff is confusing me a little. I might drop AH maths for History - but I don't really want to be doing another essay subject.

ReputationRep:
    Got a band 1 in maths which completes the set: int 2, higher and adv. higher. Got 84% in my dissertation and 79% overall for history so missed a band 1 by like 1-2% which is pretty annoying if I had not been ****** over by the essay questions would have nailed it. Got a band 2 in Bio aswell think I got 72% so 4% off a band 1. I think my biggest problem with gaining band 1's is that once I have put in enough effort to comfortably get an A I stop trying so never go the extra mile needed :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Maths: A
    English: B
    Biology: A
    Geography: A
    Modern Studies: A

Really pleased, hoping to do something related to Geology or Marine Biology at Uni. This year Advanced Higher Biology, Advanced Higher Geography and Crash Higher Administration.

ReputationRep:
    3 Band 1s is still very good. You got 5As anyway - it's the grade that counts - not the bands.

Got any tips for AH maths ? I'm okay with the binomial theorem but this factorial stuff is confusing me a little. I might drop AH maths for History - but I don't really want to be doing another essay subject.
    I don't think that stuff really comes up much tbh, just keep up with the workload.

ReputationRep:

Well neither the grades nor bands really matters that much, apart from in personal satisfaction terms :p:

What don't you get about factorials? My tips would be to pay attention and try and iron out any confusions you have early on, or it will make things a lot harder later.

ReputationRep:
    Higher English Band 1 A (JEALOUS MUCH )
    Higher Mods Band 2 A (Miracles can occur)
    Higher History Band 3 B (YAY)
    Higher Italian (crash) D :p:
    :clap2:
    Anyone doing MA Geography-History at Aberdeen Uni, I certainly am now :yep:
    :clap2:
    Does anyone know how to phone SQA and get component marks- please reply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.