Turn on thread page Beta

SQA RESULTS-ONLY Thread :: Post your Results watch

• View Poll Results: Your performance (Vote when you get your results)
    I did REALLY, REALLY good
    35.23%
    I did better than I expected
    34.66%
    I did as I expected
    18.18%
    I did average
    7.95%
    I didn't do so good
    7.39%
    I did worse than expected
    8.52%
    I did HORRIBLE! This changes EVERYTHING
    4.55%
    I met none of my offers
    3.41%
    I'll make up for this in 6th year
    5.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rapidfire)

Higher Computing: A

Higher Physics: A

Higher Chemistry: A

Higher Mathematics: A
    Well done with the five As

ReputationRep:
    Thank you but it is four As actually; if you can count.

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty harsh, she made a mistake. No need to make her feel like a retard... she was congratulating you aswell.

No discussions, guys.

PS. Rapidfire, that was a pretty **** thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephette)
    wow im doing the same subjects this year exactly, and i just got aaaab for the same highers :P
    Haha cool. Good luck. I did too many hours at my job in 6th year and didn't anywhere enough work as I could've done. What do you want to do at uni, where do you want to go?

I'm doing Biology at St Andrews!

ReputationRep:
    Prelims/Predictions:
    Higher English - B(4)
    Higher Administration - A(2)
    Higher Computing - B(3)
    Higher Maths - B(3)
    Higher Chemistry - B(4)

Results
    Higher English - B (Hurray! I never need to do another Critical Essay in my life )
    Higher Administration - B (Hm... Going to appeal this one )
    Higher Computing - A (WHAT? WAS I THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOWED UP?)
    Higher Maths - A (SQA obviously made a mistake - I basically cried coming out of that one)
    Higher Chemistry - B (Wasn't really expecting that )

Did you meet your predictions?
    For the most part I exceded them. Except Admin. Damn you admin.

If not, are you going to appeal?
    For Admin, yes . Although apparently not until term-time. (Lazy teachers, imagine not going into school during the holidays...)

If you applied to uni, have you met the offer?
    Yep. I even met an offer that I turned down for being too difficult to achieve. So in that case I may or not be going into 'Adjustment'.

What decisions have you made about any further study?
    Going to Glasgow Caledonian to study Games Design

What made you pleased/disappointed about your results?
    I'm really happy. Although the whole admin thing is a little dissapointing it beats what I got last year - DD ()

Anything you would have done differently in the past year if you could have done them again?
    Maybe doing a little more study in Admin. I did get a little over-confident about it.

Could you look at the results first or did you get a parent to?
    I got to look first since they came through E-mail. My parents found out when I screamed 'YES!'

What time did you find out your results?
    About 8:40, I was a little anxious because everyone else seemed to be getting it faster through MySQA. The actual envelope didn't arrive until about 12:20. I could never last that long.

Did you feel nervous?
    I didn't sleep for about a week before it.

How do you feel now after knowing?
    "WOOO!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rapidfire)
    Thank you but it is four As actually; if you can count.
    Woops, sorry. The latex formating kinda jumbled it up a bit. Only trying to be nice :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    That was pretty harsh, she made a mistake. No need to make her feel like a retard... she was congratulating you aswell.
    Hm. I thought it was just a tongue-in-cheek comment that could have done with a "" after it. Or maybe this is just me being my dour self...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesco4life)
    Haha cool. Good luck. I did too many hours at my job in 6th year and didn't anywhere enough work as I could've done. What do you want to do at uni, where do you want to go?

I'm doing Biology at St Andrews!
    Wonder what job that could be?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, how do you find out what bands you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Ask your teacher, or the head of the department. Some will tell you your percentage, some won't. I think you can also ask the year group head as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Wonder what job that could be?
    Didn't we have a discussion earlier on about people who were brainwashed into loving Tesco?

(Original post by LDVet)
    Your teachers are sent out your individual marks and bands so you should ask there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Didn't we have a discussion earlier on about people who were brainwashed into loving Tesco?
    She's actually who i was talking about then :p:

(Original post by forgottenpanda)
    Ask your teacher, or the head of the department. Some will tell you your percentage, some won't. I think you can also ask the year group head as well.
    According to my school, percentages haven't been given to them, only bands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Your teachers are sent out your individual marks and bands so you should ask there.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Highers

Maths A
    English A
    Graphics A
    Chemistry A
    Biology A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    According to my school, percentages haven't been given to them, only bands.
    Maybe they send the percentages later? I think it was the end of August/start of September when I found out mine last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forgottenpanda)
    Maybe they send the percentages later? I think it was the end of August/start of September when I found out mine last year.
    Oh yes, they do. Sorry I didn't mean to imply they don't get them at all :p:

ReputationRep:
    Higher Music - A
    Higher Business Management - B
    Higher Computing - B
    Higher English - B
    Higher Maths - C

Maths was a gutter, as was Computing - thought I could've edged an A there! Oh well, I'll take what I got with a smile ... x

ReputationRep:
    i've messed up my highers this year,

higher maths- B
    higher english- B
    higher history- B
    higher physics- D

though i got eight 1s in standard grade. i'm a good student but i slacked off this year, and i know i'm gonna have to start routine again next year. does anyone have any advice for me? do you think i'll still be able to get into uni straight after 6th year? my plans were glasgow, edinburgh or st. andrews but now im afraid that ive wrecked all my plans.

next year, i was originally planning to take higher biology, crash higher chemistry, music, and advanced higher maths. i want to study neuroscience at uni. is it still worth it to do advanced higher maths? should i resit physics or just leave it? im only thinking music because i know i have a good chance of getting a good mark.

the entry requirements at glasgow and edinburgh for neuroscience are 4 Bs, two of which need to be sciences.

my dad says i should take computing to up my chances- would it? i've been doing a lot of things on the side like work experience and volunteering, will that help?

SO sorry for the massive post, i'm really REALLY desperate for help here. xx

ReputationRep:
    All the work experience will help yes, but the bottom line is that if you want to get in you'll have to work a bit harder this year. Your grades are by no means awful, but you've got a bit more to do to get into Edinburgh or Glasgow. Do the higher you want to do that will meet the requirements, don't do say, music just cos you think it's easy.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.