Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

In my application which is now approved, I only applied for the tuition fee loan and maintenance grant. In the letter saying I have been approved it said at the bottom since i had not applied for the maintenance loan I could go online and download/fill in the form for it and return it to them to get this loan.

However I can't seem to find a deadline for this?

Could I apply for this maintenance loan during the academic year? Obviously up to May at the latest of course.. or do you have to have it applied before you start back in September?

=) thankyou in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know you get take the grant without the loan?

ReputationRep:
    you could in theory just take out a single squid. Its a loan and like any other loan its upto you how much you take out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I didn't know you get take the grant without the loan?
    I've done the same. Applying for the loan and the grant enables the loan to be raised.

I got the same leter this morning but they've left off my Grant. I called them and it turns out they haven't processed my current year assessment form yet.

ReputationRep:
    I know you can take out a single quid if you really wanted.

I was just wondering about deadlines? if there are any for asking for the loan, when you didn't ask when you first completed the application form.

ReputationRep:
    You can apply for that at any point before the end of your 3rd term. After that, it's discretionary whether you can have it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.