Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend going to Cinema with ex? watch

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon all

Was on the phone to my girlfriend of 9 months earlier (We go to uni together, she lives about 2 hours away) and she said she was going to the cinema tonight. I asked here who she was going with and she said she was going with her ex, just her and him.

She says that there was a group of them going but everyone else pulled out. But her guard instantly went up and started asking me if it was ok.. I really didnt know what to say to her as I trust her, but she was with this guy on an off for two years up until last summer and broke up because he cheated on her, So he obviously doesnt care too much for peoples feelings.

What would you do in my situation? As I said, I trust her, but I cant help feeling a bit warey about the whole thing.

Cheers

x

ReputationRep:
    It's a trap.

ReputationRep:
    Lol that's not good news for you I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    so?

ReputationRep:
    All comes down to trust. You either trust her, or you don't. It's up to you whether you kick up a fuss or not.

But let's be fair. TSR does not have much insight into your relationship.

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably sleep together. It's what inevitably happens when you start going out on dates with your ex again. It's just like an old habit.

ReputationRep:
    mate you are being a bit naive and too 'good', i'll give it a good week before you come back on here a post how to get over your relationship lol

ReputationRep:
    It'll probably be fine, but keep an eye out for further suspicious behaviour that could indicate otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Go out with one of your ex's.

ReputationRep:
    Well OP, you know alot more than us. Are they good friends now? does she ever mention him?

ReputationRep:
    trust her
    she wouldnt have told you if there was something dodgey going on.

i go out and see my ex's occasionly, and never think anything of it. i just happen to be friends with a couple of them

ReputationRep:
    Ya i would def not be happy with this if i was in your shoes.

In one sense its good that she has been honest with you but i would tell her you are not happy. surely she can see why.

but ya TSR dont know your relationship like you do

ReputationRep:
    Dodgy!

ReputationRep:
    If you trust her, then trust her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Towelie88)
    What would you do in my situation? As I said, I trust her, but I cant help feeling a bit warey about the whole thing.

Cheers

x
    #

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    tbh I'd be really wary of it...

If it were me then I'd say to her that I trust her - but I don't trust him.

And that I've been in the position before, and you see it all the time - more often than not, when ex's start hanging out privately again, more often than not it ends up with sex or emotions - emotions never go away completely, and spending fun times together could remind her of the good times....

If you want any clear answers.. talk to her

ReputationRep:
    Have you told her you're not comfortable with this? I sure as hell wouldn't be dude. Sometimes people try to convince themselves that exes can be bog standard friends after they break up, but I believe that they can never sustain a stable friendship.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound too good from the info in your post.

Though there isn't much you can do really, you can't exactly forbid her from going so just act like you trust her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Towelie88)
    Afternoon all

Was on the phone to my girlfriend of 9 months earlier (We go to uni together, she lives about 2 hours away) and she said she was going to the cinema tonight. I asked here who she was going with and she said she was going with her ex, just her and him.

She says that there was a group of them going but everyone else pulled out. But her guard instantly went up and started asking me if it was ok.. I really didnt know what to say to her as I trust her, but she was with this guy on an off for two years up until last summer and broke up because he cheated on her, So he obviously doesnt care too much for peoples feelings.

Cheers

x
    1st off this isn't about trust, and don't let anyone tell you that 'if you trust her you have no problem with her going'.

You have every right to feel uneasy about this. One key question is...are they actually friends? and when I mean friends, have they stayed in contact since breaking up?

Be honest with her, let her know you don't like the idea..don't give any ultimatums, but don't hide your feelings..

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do. If you moan and say you don't want her to go, chances are she will anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.