Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend going to Cinema with ex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    invite yourself along

ReputationRep:
    sounds like bad news to me mate....sorry dont want to freak you out bt thats how i feel about it.

What the bloody hell is wrong with that?! :indiff:

You say you trust her so what's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, regardless of how much i trusted him/her i would still be outrageously jealous.

ReputationRep:
    Are they pretty good friends? How can she still be after he cheated on her - if that ever happened to me I'd never want to see that person again!

If they've been friends for ages and then after the relationship then might be nothing but I'd feel a bit weird about it.

ReputationRep:
    i know EXACTLY how you feel mate. mine CONSTANTLY goes out on dinner dates with her ex, and he's always damn ******* calling, plus i hate him to ******* shreds. tbf, they did keep contact with each other after breaking up, and it's not really her fault, he's the one being clingy. even so, i wish she had a bit more of a backbone when she's asked to spend time with him.
    anyway, i've been honest, told her it pisses me off, told her i hate him, and i've given up a huge tantrum as well on the matter.. sadly to no avail,
    but seriously, you have every right to feel ****** about this. there isn't really any excuse for ex's with new others to be hanging around like that together 1 on 1. it's selfish and insensitive towards the new other.
    i'd say pressure her to stop meeting him 1 on 1. if that doesn't work (50/50 it won't), go out with one of yours. i garuntee that she'll make a big fuss over it. 100%. that's girls for ya. we just have to live with it

ReputationRep:
    I would've asked her how she would feel if I went to the cinema with my ex. If itwould be my boyfriend I probably would've said that and then cut the phone to be honest.

(Original post by unikq)
    i know EXACTLY how you feel mate. mine CONSTANTLY goes out on dinner dates with her ex, and he's always damn ******* calling, plus i hate him to ******* shreds. tbf, they did keep contact with each other after breaking up, and it's not really her fault, he's the one being clingy. even so, i wish she had a bit more of a backbone when she's asked to spend time with him.
    anyway, i've been honest, told her it pisses me off, told her i hate him, and i've given up a huge tantrum as well on the matter.. sadly to no avail,
    but seriously, you have every right to feel ****** about this. there isn't really any excuse for ex's with new others to be hanging around like that together 1 on 1. it's selfish and insensitive towards the new other.
    i'd say pressure her to stop meeting him 1 on 1. if that doesn't work (50/50 it won't), go out with one of yours. i garuntee that she'll make a big fuss over it. 100%. that's girls for ya. we just have to live with it
    Blimey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa_89)
    Blimey.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    Just let them, but tell her afterwards you're not comfortable with her going on her own... Say you're insecure...
    woah, you want him to tell his girl that he aint cool, that is not good

but, i can guess that you must be pretty weird about your girl going to the movies with another feller, its but human to feel defensive about your girl, and a slight bit of possesivness

tell her, how you feel about it, and why, but tell her that, you trust her, love her, and feel that something so insignificant can come between the two of you

be cheesy and corny, it isnt that cool to be cold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    If a guy told me he was insecure about it, I'd be pleased because he was honest with me and showed me soft side. :p:

:rofl:

:ditto:
    Showing weaknesses means handing over control
    and for men, it aint that easy

ReputationRep:
    Wow, are you going to let them both take a dump on you when they get back, too? She asked you if it was OK, so say no.

ReputationRep:
    say that you trust her, but ask how she would feel if you went out with one of your ex's. If she says she would be totally fine with it she's lying, or she doesn't care. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Trust her. This way even if she does cheat on you, you're the good guy for trusting her and can dump her ass easily. No worries, dude.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they sit at the back? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Spy on them :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'd trust her to give her the benefit of doubt

but when she cheats - use thats and slap it in her face, make her feel sorry for being alive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    Spy on them :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-breaker)
    OP, If you can trust her thats great but if she cheats on you then take advice from this vid.

ReputationRep:
    If you trust her then I fail to see your problem.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.