Important Q - Driving test! Watch

Pyropink
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
i'm taking my driving test on thursday, on my own car. However you can't see the speedometer from the passenger seat, even when you try leaning over... I'm worried that on the day, the examiner won't accept this and refuse to take the test! Anyone else experienced this problem??
Hula129
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
phone up the centre and ask them what to do ?
Andylol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Shoulda thought about that before you booked it!

Ring up the test centre and ask
Advisor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's really not a problem, don't worry.

The only requirement connected with a speedometer is the legal requirement that it displays speed in both miles and kilometres per hour.

I'd link to a DSA press release about the use of dual speedometers but the network is down so I'll post it later.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Borrow someone's GPS that displays speed?
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
they need to be able to see the speedo.
Pyropink
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
i cant find the test centre number!!
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nothing mentioned on here except the usual requirements for a passenger rear view mirror and for good visibility for reversing exercises. Many experienced drivers (your examiner included) get used to judging the speed they're going at without having to look at the speedo all the time anyway - in any case it's about whether the examiner feels safe at the speed you drive at, which is most important of all.
Advisor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ok, found it. http://dsa.gov.uk/news.asp?cat=492&id=SXF68-A782C4B1

Again, the examiner doesn't need to be able to see the speedo, so relax. Of course, you should check that your own car meets the other requirements, so check your seatbelts work, you have all fitted head restraints and an extra interior mirror for the examiner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise