Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anukne here who have done/doing graphics gcse? whp could give me some pointers!

ReputationRep:
    so i take it no one has?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    so i take it no one has?

I took in 1999, what do you need to know, as i found it dead easy, though it been sometime before i have done it.

Anne

ReputationRep:
    so i take it no one has?
    i did

ReputationRep:
    Well im in year 11 and doing the major product. i chose to do a clothes sho(designing clothes, new stuff) but i cant think of what i can design to make, any ideas?i am not a good drawer either!whoops!

ReputationRep:
    Well im in year 11 and doing the major product. i chose to do a clothes sho(designing clothes, new stuff) but i cant think of what i can design to make, any ideas?i am not a good drawer either!whoops!

Well the thing is you don't need to a great drawer, all you need to do, is think of what you like to wear or adapt something you like to wear, this way you will find it easier.

Anne

ReputationRep:
    I did an architectural type thing - 'Eco House'.

Don't leave your portfolio until the end, I managed to severely underestimate the time needed for it. Ohh that was a fun half-term break.

ReputationRep:
    so i take it no one has?
    I have done it, just well this yr I guess

Think the thing that got be the marks was not the drawings, but rather if you have quite a good research *some people just made it up lol, good idea if you are out of time* but if you have the research and your design meets your specification it is very hard for your teacher/ examinier to fault it.

O and definatley dont leave it till the last min or you would be up till 4am doing it the night before lol.

Cat

ReputationRep:
    just bringing it back up to top

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

i took graphics for GCSE and i got a B, which i was plkeased with. The major coursework piece is tough, but as long as you work hard you will be fine.

Anything elseyou need to know just ask x x x

ReputationRep:
    why dont u look at designs on the internet and adapt them

ReputationRep:
    here are some of the things my GCSE class designed

-i designed and made a nursery

-someone designed and made a theatre

-someone designed and made a honey moon suite

-someone designed and made a CD cover

-someone desinged and made bookmarks for childrens books

You can really choose anything you want

x x x

ReputationRep:
    I made a board game! Quite easy and fun. Got 92/105 and im crap at graphics so work hard like I did!

ReputationRep:
    I did it for GCSE in 1999 but we couldn't choose what to design - we were forced to design a shampoo bottle - haha what a waste of time!

ReputationRep:
    When i did Graphics in 2002, our topic was "Theme Parks". I designed a whole theme park (all the rides, shops, themed areas etc) and I made the leaflet and ticket for it. That was my major project. I was predicted a C because all the work I had produced in yr 10 had been a C standard. I ended up getting a top A (few marks off A*) the highest mark in the year! LOL!

Do something you will enjoy. I enjoyed every minute of designing my theme park. I used up 2 whole folders (about 60pages maybe...can't remember) of A3 paper and that was a lot of work i tell you! (each page had a roller coaster designed border too!) But it was fun, and I wanted to design the best theme park ever!!

Good luck, have fun, do well!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.