graphic products (any1 taken it?)GCSE

Watch
This discussion is closed.
CrzySxyCool
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anukne here who have done/doing graphics gcse? whp could give me some pointers!
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
so i take it no one has?
Anne
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
so i take it no one has?

I took in 1999, what do you need to know, as i found it dead easy, though it been sometime before i have done it.

Anne
BIG_MASKALL
Report 16 years ago
so i take it no one has?
i did
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Well im in year 11 and doing the major product. i chose to do a clothes sho(designing clothes, new stuff) but i cant think of what i can design to make, any ideas?i am not a good drawer either!whoops!
Anne
Report 16 years ago
Well im in year 11 and doing the major product. i chose to do a clothes sho(designing clothes, new stuff) but i cant think of what i can design to make, any ideas?i am not a good drawer either!whoops!

Well the thing is you don't need to a great drawer, all you need to do, is think of what you like to wear or adapt something you like to wear, this way you will find it easier.

Anne
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did an architectural type thing - 'Eco House'.

Don't leave your portfolio until the end, I managed to severely underestimate the time needed for it. Ohh that was a fun half-term break.
chocoholic_cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so i take it no one has?
I have done it, just well this yr I guess

Think the thing that got be the marks was not the drawings, but rather if you have quite a good research *some people just made it up lol, good idea if you are out of time* but if you have the research and your design meets your specification it is very hard for your teacher/ examinier to fault it.

O and definatley dont leave it till the last min or you would be up till 4am doing it the night before lol.

Cat
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
just bringing it back up to top
sassy_j
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hiya,

i took graphics for GCSE and i got a B, which i was plkeased with. The major coursework piece is tough, but as long as you work hard you will be fine.

Anything elseyou need to know just ask x x x
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
why dont u look at designs on the internet and adapt them
sassy_j
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
here are some of the things my GCSE class designed

-i designed and made a nursery

-someone designed and made a theatre

-someone designed and made a honey moon suite

-someone designed and made a CD cover

-someone desinged and made bookmarks for childrens books

You can really choose anything you want

x x x
Alex H
Report 16 years ago
I made a board game! Quite easy and fun. Got 92/105 and im crap at graphics so work hard like I did!
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did it for GCSE in 1999 but we couldn't choose what to design - we were forced to design a shampoo bottle - haha what a waste of time!
ThunderCat8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When i did Graphics in 2002, our topic was "Theme Parks". I designed a whole theme park (all the rides, shops, themed areas etc) and I made the leaflet and ticket for it. That was my major project. I was predicted a C because all the work I had produced in yr 10 had been a C standard. I ended up getting a top A (few marks off A*) the highest mark in the year! LOL!

Do something you will enjoy. I enjoyed every minute of designing my theme park. I used up 2 whole folders (about 60pages maybe...can't remember) of A3 paper and that was a lot of work i tell you! (each page had a roller coaster designed border too!) But it was fun, and I wanted to design the best theme park ever!!

Good luck, have fun, do well!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (141)
46.23%
Take exams next summer (46)
15.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (73)
23.93%
Apply to uni next year instead (31)
10.16%
I'm not applying to university (14)
4.59%

Watched Threads