Turn on thread page Beta

Can't feel strain on pecs watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing dumbbell flys and chest presses, I feel the strain/effect in my arms, obviously, but I don't feel anything on my actual chest. Is this right? Should the chest/pecs feel any sort of strain or effect once you've done the lifts?

By the way, is a the dumbbel flys/chest presses enough to develop pecs?

ReputationRep:
    Pull your shoulder blades back. When you do flies you should see/feel your pecs contracting/bouncing. Focus on pulling with your pecs by thinking of them squeezing together not moving it together with shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    Widen your grip on BB bench press, and as Flux says pull your shoulder blades in when lowering helps to make the press really effective, If still struggling then add in another exercise, try incline DB/BB press aswell, or Dips maybe..

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Add in some incline and decline bench press. Should do the trick.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.