Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Went for a meal late last night and drinks with a few friends. I got a new car about a year back and its my pride and joy.

This morning I noticed footprints on the bonnet and the roof. Massive HUGE dent in the middle of the roof. im completely devastated.

Can I make a police case?...Will it be treated seriously

Can my car be repaired?
    A friend said something bout suction?..or will my whole roof have to be changed if thats possible

Could my car be an economical write off?

Can I drive before its repaired?

Will my insurance premium go up?..

Im so depressed right now
    Any help regarding my questions

ReputationRep:
    At least your car didnt get violated by an autophile.

ReputationRep:
    cctv? go to the police but don't be surprised if they can't help you because 99% of the time their useless.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that sucks. Went on holiday to Spain for 2 and a bit weeks and didn't see one person who looked remotely like a chav. It's such a nicer place without yobs hanging round the streets.

And yah, call the police. I would. And I think your insurance might go up

Could I ask how you come to the conclusion it was most definitely a chav?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisstassen)
    Went for a meal late last night and drinks with a few friends. I got a new car about a year back and its my pride and joy.

This morning I noticed footprints on the bonnet and the roof. Massive HUGE dent in the middle of the roof. im completely devastated.

Can my car be repaired?
    A friend said something bout suction?..or will my whole roof have to be changed if thats possible

Definitely report it.

It was this morning? So you didn't notice it last night or was it done in the morning? Important as to know where to ask witnesses.

ReputationRep:
    I used to do things like that when i was younger. I was a bit of a chav getting chases and all the stuff. Take the pi** if u want lol and i must admit it was great fun. Ive grown up a bit now but the memories still make me LOL.

Sorry about your car though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Im sure most ppl that arent chavs dont go aroud jumping on peoples car roofs

ReputationRep:

Can my car be repaired?

1. Don't bother with police.

2. Yes

3. Doubt it, it won't be an expensive repair unless they really have gone to town on it.

4. Unless they have done structural damage, which I doubt, then yes you can drive it.

5. yes your premium will go up if you claim.

Sorry to hear about the car mate.

ReputationRep:
    call up a repair garage and check it out.probably worth a few quid to save your no claims bonus.how about a toilet plunger or do any of your mates look like mick jagger?:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It's pretty much the definition of chav, to be honest. Anyone who would jump on the roof of someone else's car is a chav, regardless of all other factors.

ReputationRep:

Can my car be repaired?

It still works, doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    It's pretty much the definition of chav, to be honest. Anyone who would jump on the roof of someone else's car is a chav, regardless of all other factors.
    I know people who do that kinda stuff... they're not chavs at all.

If a crime has been committed, you are more than entitled to report this to the police. In most cases, the police won't be able to help. However, you'll get a crime reference number, which will assist you in your insurance claim (should you put one in).

Can my car be repaired?
    If you know of someone that has the kit. You could try it. However, depending on how dented it is, it may be difficult.

I guess it depends on your insurance. I haven't had dealings with insurance companies, so I wouldn't know the procedure.

I would have thought so. Unless it's damaged to such an extent it's a hazard on the road, in which case you'll end up with a 'Vehicle Defect' form.

Insurance quotes take into account location, parking situation, lifestyle. If you live in an area where crime is high already, then the chances are you already have a high premium. But in any case, if this can't be solved through the police (and the perpetrators caught), then I guess the insurance premium could potentially increase.

ReputationRep:
    what's the make and model?

ReputationRep:
    What car is it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    They should be shot

ReputationRep:
    Either a chav or a suitcase fell out of a plane and fell onto your car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Well they aren't exactly nice people. :rolleyes:

Why dont u go jump of a cliff you troll..
    At this moment in time I dont need some politically correct moron like you spouting rubbish.

Im sure most ppl that arent chavs dont go aroud jumping on peoples car roofs
    I'm hardly a troll. If you consider someone who'll prefer to get the facts before throwing accusations as 'politically correct', then I guess you've got your definitions muddles up. :cool:

I don't know what chavs get up to. But for all you know, it could have been a rather drunk 'emo' who got onto your car, and placed the dent? :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.