Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    A house serves a purpose (as a shelter). Most other objects don't - and besides, a car will still work with a dent in its roof.

Anyway, I didn't do it myself, and I wouldn't - there's better ways than that, and it doesn't really get the point across in an effective manner.
    And your house will still work if it's covered in eggs and flour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    And your house will still work if it's covered in eggs and flour.
    Go for it, it's not my house.

ReputationRep:
    also to dent a car roof properly oyu've got to put some real force into it ...
    i've tried on a the dead astra that's on my drive waiting for the fire service to come and collect it for training ...

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, it's not my house.
    :rolleyes: And if I smash your computer? Where does this end?

(Original post by krisstassen)
    I dont care bout the moral obligation or if it was an emo/chav

Whats gonna happen to the car..
    the dents massive..is it repairable
    Do you know of a garage that operates PDR? (Paintless Dent Removal).

I haven't had to use it, but I know someone that has, and it's cost effective.

Providing you don't have any other cosmetic damage (nothing that a quick wash wouldn't sort) you should be okay and won't need to involve the insurance company (and potentially increase your premiums).

Btw, nice choice of car. I knew someone who had a nice black VTEC. Smooth runner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    :rolleyes: And if I smash your computer? Where does this end?
    Ideally, computers would be shared throughout the commune, along with most other possessions.

Come on, some part of you knows that people care too much about pointless objects.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, computers would be shared throughout the commune, along with most other possessions.

Come on, some part of you knows that people care too much about pointless objects.
    They may care too much about objects, but that doesn't mean that objects are worthless. His car isn't pointless; it represents hard work required to get it and it represents his freedom to move around.

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting to use this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    They may care too much about objects, but that doesn't mean that objects are worthless. His car isn't pointless; it represents hard work required to get it and it represents his freedom to move around.
    He obviously cares too much about it, though. Really, it shouldn't matter what it looks like, as long as it works.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe JC sat on your car?? Get it locally repaired and see the cops. But DO NOT tell your insurance company as your premium will go up. Only go to them if you cannot afford to repair it, like if it's too much.

ReputationRep:
    Property doesn't really mean anything, tbh. Why should you respect an object?
    Oooo, get you with your edgy anarchist views and pseudo-intellectual claptrap! Why come on to a motoring forum, then whine about possessions? What reaction were you expecting?

ReputationRep:
    He obviously cares too much about it, though. Really, it shouldn't matter what it looks like, as long as it works.
    I'd be pretty annoyed to be honest. As would you, be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Oooo, get you with you edgy anarchist views! Sod off, mouth breather.
    Was it you who left me that charming rep message? You gave me a merry chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Could I ask how you come to the conclusion it was most definitely a chav?
    It was hardly a nice old couple returning from a night at the opera, was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    I'd be pretty annoyed to be honest. As would you, be honest.
    I maintain it's just an object. The sooner people realise this, the sooner we can all move on to real progress.

ReputationRep:
    thread has provided lols tbh.

i lold.

ReputationRep:
    the police dont car about car crimes unless someone has been injured/killed/over the limit or a very serious crash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    At least your car didnt get violated by an autophile.
    HAHA.

(Original post by krisstassen)
    Can I make a police case?...Will it be treated seriously
    You could make a case but it's unlikely they'd help unless you had your car parked under CCTV.

How do you know it was chavs? Whoever it was though is probably a person who get's their intelligence from HELLO Magazine... I say no more .

ReputationRep:
    This just screams the Inbetweeners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anandv05)
    the police dont car about car crimes unless someone has been injured/killed/over the limit or a very serious crash
    Yes they do. :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.