Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Just because you've been hoodwinked into believing in the consumer dogma it doesn't mean everyone has.
    No, there is a minority of lunatics who don't. Like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    What 'consumer dogma' are you referring to?

That people attach value their own possessions? I think that's a 'dogma' to which everyone subscribes.
    And you wouldnt exactly be hoodwinked into it. its more common sense from birth.
    No, and no. We (as a species) haven't always lived in this capitalist society, you know.

Although you're almost right in one respect - humans are brainwashed from birth by capitalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Terror)
    You think that valuing the products of your own labour is a result of conditioning? Remarkable.
    Products you don't need that they want you to buy. Labour that isn't actual labour and doesn't achieve anything other than making the rich richer and aiding the expanse of the bloated capitalist system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    Yes they do. :rolleyes:
    Well.. yes the police will come out if for example your window has been smashed on some occassions, look for fingerprints find nothing, give you a reference number and then thats it. Its history!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anandv05)
    Well.. yes the police will come out if for example your window has been smashed on some occassions, look for fingerprints find nothing, give you a reference number and then thats it. Its history!
    The Police were directly responsible for finding the women who crashed into the back of my car. Thus allowing me to make a successful insurance claim and win substantial compensation.

They did a great job in my book :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anandv05)
    What else do you really expect them to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    At least your car didnt get violated by an autophile.
    Yours did? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    u wont lose anything be utilising a service u pay taxes for (call the police)

look for some chavs, any chavs, and beat them to get your own back, its their own fault for just being chavs

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a lovely human being. My friends would love to jump on your car.
    I'd love to jump on your face, you anarchist ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex5383)
    I'd love to jump on your face, you anarchist ****.
    Are you coming on to me? Sorry, Alex, but I'm straight. However, I have several gay friends I could hook you up with, if you'd be interested.

ReputationRep:
    don't waste your time with the police they won't do anything
    cause the car can be undented, a few dents don't stop you from driving the car as it ain't illegal

ReputationRep:
    Products you don't need that they want you to buy. Labour that isn't actual labour and doesn't achieve anything other than making the rich richer and aiding the expanse of the bloated capitalist system.
    How does it feel to be subjugated by corporate fiends and surrounded by their evil consumerist offshoots?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbhoy91)
    Wow that sucks. Went on holiday to Spain for 2 and a bit weeks and didn't see one person who looked remotely like a chav. It's such a nicer place without yobs hanging round the streets.

And yah, call the police. I would. And I think your insurance might go up
    You went to Spain and didn't see a chav?! Some parts of spain are very cheap and all the chavs pilgrim there. I'm guessing you went to a nice part.

ReputationRep:
    calm down.... if u call the police they wont help .... just fix it and i am sure it wont be a lot. its not a mechanical problem... so it should be cheap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    cctv? go to the police but don't be surprised if they can't help you because 99% of the time their useless.
    What do you expect them to do? Sit the car down and ask it to write out a description of its attacker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FAILINGKID)
    calm down.... if u call the police they wont help .... just fix it and i am sure it wont be a lot. its not a mechanical problem... so it should be cheap
    Its a bodywork problem, so it'll cost the earth.

Mechanical stuff tends to be very much cheaper in my experience at least.

ReputationRep:
    No, and no. We (as a species) haven't always lived in this capitalist society, you know.

Although you're almost right in one respect - humans are brainwashed from birth by capitalism.
    yeah so when did we start exactly? prehistory? About the same time as we evolved separate from monkeys I guess.

Its not capitalist to assign value to things from which we derive utility you tool. Its human nature.

Go and live in a cave with nothing if you want. Give your computer to someone who values it on the way though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    yeah so when did we start exactly? prehistory? About the same time as we evolved separate from monkeys I guess.

Its not capitalist to assign value to things from which we derive utility you tool. Its human nature.

Go and live in a cave with nothing if you want. Give your computer to someone who values it on the way though.
    Wow, you're not very bright, are you?

It still works, doesn't it?
    Not the point though is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HerRoyalHighness)
    Not the point though is it?
    Yes, yes it is, actually.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 28, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.