Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically I'm pretty into cycling, and training for a big charity thing in september. The fitness side itself is fine, it's the eating side I have problems with. In the past I've spent the holidays trying to get fitter and whilst I get results, I often start eating less and less to try and get even quicker results. This never gets to the point where it becomes dangerous, because obviously I get really hungry and then stop everything and eat to put back on the weight.

In training for this cycle ride, I've tried to eat healthily but even then I've started to cut out too much. After three to four weeks of gradually building up the training I then had to stop, because I could see I wasn't eating enough. That was about two weeks ago, and now I'm getting back into it. So basically, I'm asking if anyone has a way in which I could make sure I'm eating the required number of calories per day so I don't just give up from exhaustion later on.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Those look tasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Did I mention I agree?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshey)
    In the past I've spent the holidays trying to get fitter and whilst I get results, I often start eating less and less to try and get even quicker results.
    Why would eating less get you quicker results? If you want to progress, you need to be eating enough - sure, serious cyclists might want to lose weight to make them a bit quicker when climbing, but that's secondary to building fitness. If you're getting fitter, don't aim to lose weight unless you're already overweight. You can always slim down closer to competition - if you start slimming down to early you'll compromise your ability to recover from training and no matter how light you are on the day of a race if you've not got the most out of your training because of it you'll be slow.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.