Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please delete

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    i was looking at a facebook page for an event at uni (Allstars party), and under dress it said this: Trend Setters (Top form please)
    What does that mean??? is it some kind of shop??? :confused:
    No. It probably means actually make some kind of effort and don't look like a scruff bag.

ReputationRep:
    It's the dress code.

ReputationRep:
    i know its the dress code, but what dress code is it. ive never heard of this "trend setters"
    An outfit that's in trend for this season. There's some classic outfits that won't go wrong though - depending on your body type.

The Topman website has articles on this, sometimes they post videos describing what they think the trends are. They post them quite often too.

ReputationRep:
    just been on that site. £14 for a t-shirt seems a little expensive.
    Thats actually quite a reasonable price....

ReputationRep:
    just been on that site. £14 for a t-shirt seems a little expensive.
    So, this event is probably a night out right? I'm guessing it'll start in the union club and they'll take you out in the town. They're just setting that dress code so they make sure people turn up dressed up.

Wear clothes you would on a night out, maybe a bit experimental too. You don't have to buy new clothes if you don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    no its a proper uni-approved party on-campus.
    I was at a pre-uni course a few weeks ago, and they had a few "uni-approved" events too. You shouldn't be too worried about what to wear, most people aren't.

Just wear what you would on a night out. If you're really struggling with ideas, I can help.

ReputationRep:
    well ive never been to a 'night-out' so i wouldnt know.
    It does depend on your shape.

Some well fitted jeans definitely - don't go skinny if you don't suit them.

I'm not fond of trainers so some plain plimsolls are a simple solution. I prefer shoes without such a rounded front - even a slight pointy-shape to it is good. I don't wear plims any more but they suit anyone.

Maybe just a fitted checked shirt, sleeves rolled up a little - if it's warm. If it's chilly, wear a jacket you like over it.

ReputationRep:
    by jacket, do u mean something like a fleece?
    I wouldn't recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    lol don't know if troll. if not, and since you claim you've never worn clothes for a "night out", get some dark fitted jeans and a plain shirt from topman or h&m. i know it's generic but at least you won't look out of place, and those shops are everywhere and not particularly expensive for basics. and no don't wear a fleece.

ReputationRep:
    i have shirts. got a nice red checked one, a black one and a teal one. Dunno where they're from tho, probably jumble sales.
    can you post pics? if not just wear the black one.

ReputationRep:
    heres the checked one. doesnt come out well on the camera im afraid (despite being 5megapixels)
    i wouldn't wear that to an event like the one you've described. it's casual and it's short sleeved. you can get a smart shirt from pretty much any high street store. there are sales on at the moment so if you go soon you might find cheaper ones.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.