Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey just a quick question, i was looking at the burton website and saw loads of stuff i want, i know they are owned by topman and also are very cheap so i wanted to ask if anyone can comment on the quality of the products before i go ahead and spend a load there. Thanks for Any help

ReputationRep:
    tis good quality. my favourite highstreet store for clothes. good stuff. i was looking on it earlier, whatya looking to buy?

ReputationRep:
    a large number of t shirts + some of the hoodies, mayb jeans also and possibly shirts/smart trousers.

ReputationRep:
    right

ReputationRep:
    Had 3 t-shirts arrive today. Wearing one now and it's great quality. I've also got some jeans and a hoody which all feel and look great

ReputationRep:
    good to know, i dont spose you guys would know but are the sizings comparable to topman? i wear mediums from topman but i hear burton has diff sizes and i didnt want to buy a load of stuff to small or to baggy from the net.

ReputationRep:
    It's good. It's like Topman and River Island with over 9000% less homo/metrosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    It's good. It's like Topman and River Island with over 9000% less homo/metrosexuality.
    This

I don't buy alot of stuff from Burton like, but it is by far better than any other high street shop.

Topman is terrible, I've never been very keen on the place like, but now the pricing is just pathetic for what you actually get.

ReputationRep:
    Burton is ok quality. Their clothing, however, is the least inspired I have ever seen. The only time where going into Burton is worthwhile is to pick up cheap, plain t-shirts (3 for 10 quid thing).

ReputationRep:
    I've bought a couple of things from there is the past. I've found there sizes to be bigger than the likes of Topman/River Island etc.

To be honest it's a bit boring and regular. They do alrite deals on those grandad t-shirts at times if you want something cheap. Can't complain about the quality though.

ReputationRep:
    The jeans are really good value and the shorts too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    Burton is ok quality. Their clothing, however, is the least inspired I have ever seen. The only time where going into Burton is worthwhile is to pick up cheap, plain t-shirts (3 for 10 quid thing).
    yeah i noted that nothing is really standout but i have sunglases and shoes which will do that and its better to wear plain clothing with them.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought quite a few things.....most good but......

I bought a brown suit a few years ago and the colour faded within a few weeks both on the jacket and trousers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    I've bought a couple of things from there is the past. I've found there sizes to be bigger than the likes of Topman/River Island etc.

Cant complain about the quality though.
    is it significant? if i were medium at topman id need small at burton? or they still roughly the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfernoUk)
    is it significant? if i were medium at topman id need small at burton? or they still roughly the same
    Roughly the same, I have smalls in t-shirts from both Burtons and Topman and Topman are slightly tighter in the chest area I find. But it's not like, hugely different.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.