Turn on thread page Beta

Living at home watch

ReputationRep:
    Left-handed freak :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    What course are you on?

I wish I had the same motivation I have for exercise for starting an uttererly geh 5000 word research proposal.
    I'm doing Computer Science. It can get quite meh at times with all the theoretical s*** but overall it's pretty good
    5000 words?! Wow, now that sounds super meh. But I'm sure you wouldn't be doing it if you didn't enjoy it What's your MA in btw? At least the exercise will help you to feel refreshed and get you in the right frame of mind to do some work. I usually procrastinate, get depressed becaused I'm procrastinating, eat, try to work, and procrastinate again But this needs to stop :mad: Or I might fail the exams

And people keep telling me that I should do a MSc; I'm like meh, but I'm sure I covered that earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frank_drebin)
    I'm doing Computer Science. It can get quite meh at times with all the theoretical s*** but overall it's pretty good
    5000 words?! Wow, now that sounds super meh. But I'm sure you wouldn't be doing it if you didn't enjoy it What's your MA in btw? At least the exercise will help you to feel refreshed and get you in the right frame of mind to do some work. I usually procrastinate, get depressed becaused I'm procrastinating, eat, try to work, and procrastinate again But this needs to stop :mad: Or I might fail the exams

And people keep telling me that I should do a MSc; I'm like meh, but I'm sure I covered that earlier
    MA Social Work. And yes, I'm criminally insane to be contemplating a career in social work :cool: WHW is here to save society from itself tbfh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Here's the situation. I'm currently living at home, with my parents, two brothers and the girlfriend of my oldest brother. I won't be moving out until I graduate from my MA, which will be in about a years time. Elder brother and GF are thankfully moving out in a couple of weeks time, which will then leave yours truly, his younger brother and parents.

6 adults living in a reasonably sized house in suburbia, and it's been like this for the past 5-6 weeks now. It's a good job we've each had holidays and breaks so it's not always been so many people, adults, living under the same roof, sharing the same bathroom, kitchen etc...

It's got ****ing ridiculous this week as we're each to make our own food, so there's 3 sets of two people making their food, staggered throughout the evening.

Would any of you struggle to cope with such a situation? The GF is thankfully a nice person, my brother can be a tit at times, can't we all....

**** rant over. Sooner I move out the ****ing better, even if it's to rented accommodation. Just suddenly reached the point where I think "my quality of life is being negatively affected and moving out, even if it's to rented accommodation (some will say it's wasted money), will improve my quality of life".

Can't bring *****ez back, can't really phone for a takeaway, masturbate privately...

I jest but rlly.

:rolleyes:

Anyone empathise with WHW?
    Surely it would make sense to all eat the same thing to avoid the kitchen chaos, or is this not possible for individual diets or veggies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP.)
    Surely it would make sense to all eat the same thing to avoid the kitchen chaos, or is this not possible for individual diets or veggies?
    My mum made it as a rule. Silly rule it is too.

Elder bro and his gf are moving out in 2 weeks time anyway, more space and less chaos then :cool:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.