Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter


    i'm am on placement and only go home at the weekends. i change places every 3 weeks. i'm on my last week of contraception, but i really don't want to have my period next week. i know i'm really disorganised, but so many things have been happening in the last month...

    how can i get contraception? i vaguely remember hearing that you can register for another gp if you need contraception (the gp i'm registered with at the moment is in London). is that true?

    or does anyone know if there are any family planning clinics open in London on saturdays?


    Yep you can register as a temporary resident at a GP and get a prescription.

    Not sure about the family planning thing but if you have a look here http://www.fpa.org.uk/Findaclinic you might find one near you

    I personally think the best place to go to is Brook. I will give you a link to there website they have a number of locations within the London area. They give all types of contraceptives.

    This is the link to the place in which I was talking about, I hope it helps
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.