Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, I'm filling in an application form to work for the mobile phone company THREE/3G.

Its a part time sales associate position (16hrs).

In this application form it says, "what do you know about 3 as a business?"

Not really sure how to answer this, can someone give me tips on what to say and maybe even how to impress

Thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randhawa93)
    Heyy, I'm filling in an application form to work for the mobile phone company THREE/3G.

Not really sure how to answer this, can someone give me tips on what to say and maybe even how to impress

Thankss
    My guess would be simply to explain to them who they are and make it obvious that you know what their USP (unique selling point) is, and what makes them the business they are, as opposed to all the other Mobile companies.
    And possibly explain what you feel their business culture and general organisation is like. In terms of ethics and the way their business runs on a day to day basis.

I know this may be pretty obvious but it might be a different perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Read up on how long 3 company has been running for, what their strengths are and what they're best known for.

ReputationRep:
    Just talk bout what you know, bout how they were the pioneers of video calling in Britain (i think). Stuff bout their company/service which stands out from others. Sorry if i wasnt that helpful lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randhawa93)

Thankss
    heya. look on their website on the 'about us' section, and reword and extend some of the things they've talked about there. perhaps say how you're suited to this by mentioning some of the skills that you have if you haven't mentioned them elsewhere on the application.
    if you want to add some more things about general phone businesses look at other company websites.. orange, o2 etc.

ReputationRep:
    They were the first network to utilise video calling etc. on such a wide scale. etc.

Talk about their success and how quickly they've grown over the last few years etc.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe mention that you can identify who their largest competitors are? Especially on the video calling front. I think Vodafone were the first people to emerge with 3G technology alongside them or something.
    It will show you can analyse risks and competition etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.