Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, i got some mild mild acne, nothing too serious around my chin (shaving area) and my forehead, nothing too serious at all.

And also the skin where there isn't acne is like kinda spotty, not red spots but like loads of whiteheads I guess they're called lol

Anyway, doctor first gave me dalacin t topical lotion for 1 month, didnt do ****. So now he gave me Oxytetracycline tablets, 2 in the morning and 2 in the night. Will they get rid of my mild acne and my whiteheads?

Doctor said he used it 24 years ago and it took him quite a few years but because i'm young (16) and i got mild acne he said it'll work quickly

Can you guys give me your experiences with it and stuff

Cheers, take it easy ya'll.

ReputationRep:
    dalacin is indeed a waste of time. those tablets should work, i'm using them now but it will take a least a few weeks before it starts to really go. make sure you mouisturise your skin as much as possible too, to help with the skin regeneration process and to avoid scarring etc.

ReputationRep:
    never have acne problem so cant give much advice. try use some facial product such as Oxy to improve the skin a the mean time?

ReputationRep:
    yeah tetracycline is an antibiotic really commonly used for treating acne. Its quite often a fairly slow thing, but stick with it because its pretty effective. Ill also add my backing behind the dalacin being a pile of ****

ReputationRep:
    www.acne.org is a really good site you should check out.

ReputationRep:
    bump anymore experiences?

I used oxytetracycline in the past and it helped. As well as the usual type of acne, I also had what you've described - lots of small, white spots on my face. I also had spots on my back and upper arms. Oxytetracycline totally cleared up my arms and back, and made a great improvement on my face too.
    Hope it works for you!

ReputationRep:
    Oxytetracycline is slow.

ReputationRep:
    I used oxytetracycline for a long time, and just under a year or so after I started taking it my skin was completely clear. The only problem I had was that it did eventually stop working and my skin went back to being just as bad as it was before.

ReputationRep:
    hi i have bort these pils but dont no wether to use them av read the side affects n it put me of a lil mostly about the swelling of the genitals bit and do these pill lower your sperm count or any thing like that and can you stil masturbate and have sexual intercourse during the use of these pills

do these pills loweryour sperm count or should you not take them during sexual intercourse or mastubaion or anything similer if you now anything
    please reply
    tah

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.