Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I get my chosen accommodation it will be £81.90 a week, self catered bathroom shared with 1 person or £100.70 for an en-suite room also self catered.
    Those are both at my first choice uni don't know which one accommodation a have received yet though, or if i even made my first choice.
    All I know is that uni accommodation is ******* expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Halls are for college ?
    Campus is university ?

Am I correct , if not , what's the difference between the two ?

ReputationRep:
    I think ours is £60 a week, if I get into the one I want. It has quite the reputation as the social hub, but also as one big ball of filth. Self-catered, shared bathrooms.

ReputationRep:
    omg...peoples are coming to 3-4000; this isnt even including nights out/food money etc etc? undestimated accomodation loan :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    Like £6-7k/year if I get them :indiff:

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Halls are for college ?
    Campus is university ?

Am I correct , if not , what's the difference between the two ?
    University halls of residence. Like crappy hotels for uni students. they can be on or off campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickford)
    University halls of residence. Like crappy hotels for uni students. they can be on or off campus
    So I'm guessing campus is the area surrounding or within the area of the university then ?.

ReputationRep:
    This year : non-ensuite, half catered - £99 a week
    Next year: ensuite, self-catered - £85 a week

ReputationRep:
    If I get what I want, 95.90 a week.

ReputationRep:
    £145 a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiko 1001)
    £145 a week.
    I hope your room is made of gold for that price :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatexW)
    I hope your room is made of gold for that price :O
    Aberdeen is notorious for accommodation prices. Private rent rivals London.

To be fair, I'm catered, with an en suite, living in an area of old stone buildings and wide open lawns, right opposite a fantastic ancient chapel and what not. A stunning area that's bang in the middle of the uni- worth the £trillions The room itself is biiiiiiiiig...

ReputationRep:
    I paid £2600 for the whole year last year, this year, I pay £70/week for a brand new room that has just been finished this summer
    (Yes, I'm self-catered, d'you really think I'm gonna eat ****** food at 6pm?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiko 1001)
    Aberdeen is notorious for accommodation prices. Private rent rivals London.

To be fair, I'm catered, with an en suite, living in an area of old stone buildings and wide open lawns, right opposite a fantastic ancient chapel and what not. A stunning area that's bang in the middle of the uni- worth the £trillions The room itself is biiiiiiiiig...
    That's not too bad then :p:

I paid £3200 for my halls last year, although apparently the fee that they're going to charge for students this year is £4000.

Luckly, I'm moving into a house with two friends in September, which will cost me £2800 for the whole year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    So I'm guessing campus is the area surrounding or within the area of the university then ?.

Not all universities are campus based. When they are, that means that everything to do with the university - halls of residence, subject departments, shops and so forth - is together on one bit of land. Like a separate town, just for the university (although a lot smaller, obviously!) Examples are Lancaster, York and Royal Holloway.

Non campus based universities are spread about over the town/city they're in, eg. KCL.

ReputationRep:
    Mine this year will be £102 a week for an extra-large superior en-suite room in Lancaster..
    The normal sized en-suite room is £97 so I figured I might as well pay the extra £200 and have much more room

My loan only just covers my accommodation, and I've just given up my job so I can fully focus on my final year :/

ReputationRep:
    £67 a week i think, or thereabouts, reading through this i think that's pretty good compared to some

ReputationRep:
    My accomodation is £112.35 a week, ensuite, self-catering. Not only did I get the more expensive ensuites (just my luck) theres a catch, I also have to pay for an electricity top up card on top of my fees. Yearly total: £4461.90. so it takes away the whole of my loan.

But an ensuite is an ensuite, so I'll have to make sacrafices elsewhere :-)

ReputationRep:
    £2736 for the year.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.