Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :mad: (Obviously I know how to spell Residence! Typo) I have found out that the residence at Uni of West Scot, Ayr campus has no cooking facilities!! How the hell is that allowed?! Like i want to live out of a canteen for the frickin year, and at £57 p/w, that strikes me as a tad expensive!! So now I have to go and find a place to live, and I cant decide whether to live in Ayr, or find a place in Glasgow, this really skrews up my plans god damn it!!!! If anyone can help me with advice on where to look for a place, and whether i should go Ayr or Glasgow, it would be appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    £57p/w!

I'm paying nigh on £150 a week, and having to get food ontop of that...

£57 a week is sodding cheap.

ReputationRep:
    £57 a week is a steal - think yourself lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talkshowhostess)
    :mad: (Obviously I know how to spell Residence! Typo) I have found out that the residence at Uni of West Scot, Ayr campus has no cooking facilities!! How the hell is that allowed?! Like i want to live out of a canteen for the frickin year, and at £57 p/w, that strikes me as a tad expensive!! So now I have to go and find a place to live, and I cant decide whether to live in Ayr, or find a place in Glasgow, this really skrews up my plans god damn it!!!! If anyone can help me with advice on where to look for a place, and whether i should go Ayr or Glasgow, it would be appreciated!!

£57 a week is really cheap
    Of course, I'm going there too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    £57p/w!

I'm paying nigh on £150 a week, and having to get food ontop of that...

£57 a week is sodding cheap.
    Ok, I must be mad then, cause I swore I saw double rooms in flat shares in glasgow for £45-£55 p/w, is this normal??? Uni residences aint the norm in Ireland, so I dont have a base for reference, but to rent a room in say, Dublin is about £400 a month, which I would be willing to pay, will I get anywhere for that?? Also, is that normal for there to be no catering facilities?? what if you want to make your own dinners?!!

Thanks Guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow West End is around £300 a month in rent, plus bills. Self-catered halls are around £80 a week, non-ensuite. £57 a week is a steal!

Are you sure there's no cooking facilities? It seems a bit absurd as even catered accommodation usually has at least a microwave in the halls!

Their website says here that they have cooking facilities. It also mentions they can provide a list of private accommodation. Halls are much better for first year though, as you meet loads of people.

http://www.uws.ac.uk/about/facilities/accommodation.asp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meltdown30)
    Glasgow West End is around £300 a month in rent, plus bills. Self-catered halls are around £80 a week, non-ensuite. £57 a week is a steal!

Are you sure there's no cooking facilities? It seems a bit absurd as even catered accommodation usually has at least a microwave in the halls!

Their website says here that they have cooking facilities. It also mentions they can provide a list of private accommodation. Halls are much better for first year though, as you meet loads of people.

http://www.uws.ac.uk/about/facilities/accommodation.asp
    Thanks meltdown, but yeah, the info from the uni said "it should be noted that this residence is not self-catering, and meals can be purchased from catering facilities on campus, or the VENDING MACHINE"!!!! I cannot live on pot noodles, n the contract says it starts Sept, and ends in June- when i applied, there was an option to only stay for the first semester. I am going to email the res. manager and get exact details of this "pantry with facilities for light snacks and drinks". Bummer!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, thats awesome, at stirling I have to pay £70 a week and have to pay for my own food too lol :|

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.