Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lists of things which give you UCAS points or + points in Uni applications Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you want to get to a top uni, they won't care about UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewisdcfc)
    I did the world challenge but didn't do this 'ASDAN' thing which apparantly gives you 70 ucas points. I did world challenge to ehtiopia for 22 days but i'm not sure how much ucas points I can get, their website is useless. Can anyone help?! Im applying to uni in 3 days and it'll make a huge difference for me!
    Google 'UCAS tariff table". The first thing that comes up is a comprehensive list of all qualifications that attract points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the world challenge but didn't do this 'ASDAN' thing which apparantly gives you 70 ucas points. I did world challenge to ehtiopia for 22 days but i'm not sure how much ucas points I can get, their website is useless. Can anyone help?! Im applying to uni in 3 days and it'll make a huge difference for me!
    Be aware that qualifications which attract Ucas points are usually only accepted if they are relevant to the course itself. Universities which make points offers will usually specify where they want the points to come from (full A levels and sometimes AS levels are the norm) and those which make offers in grades will not count them at all.

ReputationRep:
    Most universities want most/all of your UCAS points to of come from the same 1 qualification. But you can try boosting with other qualifications.

There are functional skills in English, Maths and IT which you can try for a boost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    If you want to get to a top uni, they won't care about UCAS points.
    I dont want to go to a top uni i'm not smart enough lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Be aware that qualifications which attract Ucas points are usually only accepted if they are relevant to the course itself. Universities which make points offers will usually specify where they want the points to come from (full A levels and sometimes AS levels are the norm) and those which make offers in grades will not count them at all.
    Im applying to do aerospace technology with pilot studies, world challenge can relate to the course surely? - navigational skills, survival skills/emergency response etc. were trained for and included during the expedition

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm not willing to buy a horse and learn how to horseride then gain multiple awards for 70 or so UCAS tariff points, is there no easier way.. like twitter followers

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to do aerospace technology with pilot studies, world challenge can relate to the course surely? - navigational skills, survival skills/emergency response etc. were trained for and included during the expedition
    I'm sure they will regard it favourably when considering whether or not to make you an offer, but it's highly unlikely to feature as part of that offer. The kind of things that do are grade 8 music exams for people applying for music degrees and the like.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how many points a week of volunteering would give?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by sav24)
    Do you know how many points a week of volunteering would give?
    None

Only qualifications that have been assessed for depth and breadth by UCAS attract tariffs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.