Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Assaulted by my Flat Mate... Now he expects me to let him come back...! Watch

Anon please as i'm fairly sure they know I post here...!

Well I sub let a room in my house to one of my (was then) best friends.

I had recently been suggested to take time off work by my doctor because of my stress levels and depression. I had been assaulted about 3 weeks before hand and my doctor said that was even more reason to take time off because he said I was still suffering from Concussion.

I arrived home on the evening of the assault to find 2 people in my house playing Xbox with my flat mate. No trouble with that in any way shape or form... I needed to go and collect something from another office at work, So I took the train across to the office and recieve a Phone Call.... It's my flat mate telling me 5 people were staying the night in my House...

I was not feeling very well as I had a massive headache, couldn't eat alot because of severe Jaw pain as a result of the previous assault...! If it had been a weekend with these people staying, I wouldn't have minded... But as I needed to go and see the company doctor early in the morning... I was not prepared to have people in the house... With my unusual sleepwalking activities of late... It really wasn't a good idea anyway...!

I got back and told them politely that as their Landlord I would be over ruling their decision and these people would not be staying the night...! they really didn't like that and they decided to punch me in the head about 8 times...! their friends just stood and watched in amusement...!

I called their parents and they removed them from the house, they have been removed for the past 2 weeks. Now they have been calling me trying to guilt trip me by saying:

"I Swear on my aunts life that I will never touch you again"
    "If you kick me out I will have nowhere to live because my parents will throw me out"
    "I'll be the black sheep of my family if you do"

Well basically I have said they are not coming back...! Well my question is, would you in my situation, let them come back and give them a second chance, or would you "Hang them out to dry" so to speak...!

Thanks for reading this
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'd have gone to the police and have them put a roof of their head - preferrably in the form of a cell. Don't be feeling guilty, I think you've been more than liberal. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think you were right, and if I was in the same situation I sure as hell wouldn't let them back.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never let them step foot inside again.

(Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    I'd have gone to the police and have them put a roof of their head - preferrably in the form of a cell. Don't be feeling guilty, I think you've been more than liberal. :p:
    My mother said exactly the same thing...! But the problem is the witnesses are all his friends and would not take my said should I report the assault to them!

ReputationRep:
    What the hell? They beat the **** out of you and now wanna come back?
    Jesus H. Christ, don't even CONSIDER it

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a pushover. You already did them a favour by not going to the police. You have enough on your plate as it is. Get rid.

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt let them come back... they overstepped the mark by assaulting you, specially if you had already been suffering from the effects of a previous assault. Also if they attacked you for a little reason such as you telling them they were not allowed guests then what will they do if there's any future digressions?

ReputationRep:
    Do not let them back.

ReputationRep:
    Remain firm and do not let yourself be guilt-tripped. You don't deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    they beat you up m8, do u think you should let them back?

(Original post by Silveras)
    wouldnt let them come back... they overstepped the mark by assaulting you, specially if you had already been suffering from the effects of a previous assault. Also if they attacked you for a little reason such as you telling them they were not allowed guests then what will they do if there's any future digressions?
    That was my biggest concern...! If he's done it once, he'll do it again...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I got back and told them politely that as their Landlord I would be over ruling their decision and these people would not be staying the night...! they really didn't like that and they decided to punch me in the head about 8 times...! their friends just stood and watched in amusement...!
    This bit of your post is the only important part, really.
    You should have phoned the police, not their parents. And no, you should not let them back (without a much better reason than them asking).

I don't know exactly what your circumstances are now, but perhaps kicking your ex-best friend out and renting the room to someone else would solve the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Troll.

You got punched in the head 8 times and you didn't say you injured yourself, yet your jaw still hurts from 3 weeks ago. Come on now. Troll good.

ReputationRep:
    What's with all this assault? Do you live in a zoo?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, stand your ground. You were in no way wrong and they took it way too far.

ReputationRep:
    Do not let them back. As their landlord you are in a position of authority and there is no way they can ever justify assaulting you. For goodness sake don't give in! Just tell them they're damn lucky that you're not pressing charges.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as if he didn't do the actual hitting, but still, don't let him back. He didn't defend you and seems to have stupid, violent and immature friends - not the ideal flatmate (or best friend for that matter).

Just don't dwell on the issue for years, even if your neck starts clicking.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    :ditto:

(Original post by Jingers)
    Troll.

You got punched in the head 8 times and you didn't say you injured yourself, yet your jaw still hurts from 3 weeks ago. Come on now. Troll good.
    I had a 6 hour admission to A&E if thats alright with you...! And yes my jaw does hurt from 3 weeks ago... Problem with that...?? Take it to somebody who actually cares! If I were a troll would I really have wasted 10 minutes making this thread...??! Urm... let me think... I know... NO!

(Original post by KwungSun)
    What's with all this assault? Do you live in a zoo?
    The first assault was by a drunk whilst waiting for a Taxi on a Friday Morning around 3:30AM

The Second, My Flat Mate

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.