Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When i wake up in the morning I always feel 'dirty', hairy is slightly greasy, eyes ears and mouth feel dirty aswell. Have two showers a day, clean teeth 3 times a day and I am a very clean person, I just feel dirty every morning i wake up though, if i didnt have a shower in the morning i would just feel unclean all day for some reason.

Why is this?

ReputationRep:
    i feel the same often when i wake up

keep your windows open and get up bright and early

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a pretty normal feeling to be honest.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Showering twice a day can, for some people, be a little too much. It replaces your natural oils and can either dry out your skin completely or make it very greasy. Everyone wakes up needing to clean their teeth and there's nothing wrong with feeling dirty when you do get out of bed. Just try showering once a day and perhaps washing your hair every other day.

ReputationRep:
    It's because you're an animal and not a walking bar of soap.

ReputationRep:
    *Oops - I just reported that as spam since your post said ".dfdfs" before you edited it. Sorry mods
    Anyway, back on topic...

Maybe because you sweat a lot during the night? Or if you moisturise some area of your body before going to bed, this might get rubbed around your hair in your sleep?
    I also suspect that since you are so used to such a high level of hygiene, you consider slight greasiness to be much worse than most others would - in other words, you might be just as 'dirty' as most of us in the morning, but are exaggerating the problem.

...Or maybe you just have a dirty bed? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's because you have wild nights/dreams that you don't remember

ReputationRep:
    pretty normal

ReputationRep:
    you know you won't remember a thing.

ReputationRep:
    why don't you just shower in the morning? it's perfectly normal, i can't leave the house unless i've showered, just feels grubby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    why don't you just shower in the morning? it's perfectly normal, i can't leave the house unless i've showered, just feels grubby.

I DO shower in the morning...

ReputationRep:
    I get like that, i woudlnt really search for a reason, i think its pretty common and just on of those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    you know you won't remember a thing.
    I always preferred 'In the Morning' by The Coral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADotC)
    I DO shower in the morning...
    no no, i mean only have your showers in the mornings. you said that you have 2 or 3 showers a day, i'm guessing that's one in the morning, one at night, and occasionally one around lunch..
    surely the problem would be solved if you showered when you woke up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazMaz)
    no no, i mean only have your showers in the mornings. you said that you have 2 or 3 showers a day, i'm guessing that's one in the morning, one at night, and occasionally one around lunch..
    surely the problem would be solved if you showered when you woke up?

No i shower 2 times a day. In the morning because of the dirty feeling, and at night as I will have been sweating etc from the gym earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Showering is part of your daily routine and if you skip it, you'll be feeling dirty/off-track .. You're not used to it, so it sounds normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koopa_coffee)
    I always preferred 'In the Morning' by The Coral.
    I was debating which to quote.

ReputationRep:
    maybe change your bedclothes more often?? although if it's not that, then i guess it's normal.. i get it sometimes, but not all the time (:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you get too hot in bed and sweat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same, I assumed everyone felt it.
    Our bodies are kind of resetting themselves and we've been pretty stagnant in every way for the duration of our sleep.
    I wouldn't worry, just keep showering in the mornings...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.