Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering what people think of the course and what it's like because I'm thinking of applying for it mysellf. And it's not a very common course in universities so what other courses have people applied to when appyling for American Lit and CW?

ReputationRep:
    Thats my course!

lol it is a bit of an obscure choice but I reall y want to do creative writing so I just applied for that where ever I could go and UEA is renowned for it's writing.

I'm going this year so i cant really help you out with what it's like but i can tell you that they seem to care more about portfolios than the courses you took at college (I didn't take english lit and they still let me on with the lower of the two offers)

Oh and if your taking it this year - see you soon

(my first TSR post )

ReputationRep:
    Just realised i didn't really answer your question - my insurance is essex for pure creative writing and i also applied to hull (english and creative writing) and Royal holloway (same) - the former accepted me and the latter didn't - even though my predicted were higher than their requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manixander)
    Thats my course!

lol it is a bit of an obscure choice but I reall y want to do creative writing so I just applied for that where ever I could go and UEA is renowned for it's writing.

I'm going this year so i cant really help you out with what it's like but i can tell you that they seem to care more about portfolios than the courses you took at college (I didn't take english lit and they still let me on with the lower of the two offers)

Oh and if your taking it this year - see you soon

(my first TSR post )
    I'm applying for 2010 entry and I really want to do creative writing aswell and I know UEA have a good rep for that but I want to do it with English and I'm doing English Language instead of Lit at A Level so I'm really limited with where I can apply.
    Can I ask what sort of writing you did for portfolio stuff?

ReputationRep:
    I did the same, I applied to UEA not really thinking i had a chance 'cos i took lang not lit but they accepted me,

In my port i did a content page plus 1 short story, opening chapters of a novel and 2 poems.

My guess is the portfolio must mean more than lit 'cos the subject's required.

Oh and i put an magazine article i wrote for editorial writing in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.